vIosOnE
vIosOnE began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AuraH2O
Thanks davidfor
vIosOnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #692
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are the messages from the jobs the the plugins start? If so, then yes, I left a debug setting enabled. I'll fix that
It was probably that, because I don't see the messages after the update.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #693
tadpole
Enthusiast
tadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
I hope that someone can explain to me what I may be doing wrong. I am having trouble with my book covers not showing on my Aura HD. I installed the kobo utilities and I see where it says 'Upload covers for selected books' , but it is 'grayed' out, as are most of the options for that matter. I used the down arrow beside the plug in and went to 'customize plugin' then into keyboard shortcuts. I found where it said to 'Upload covers for selected books', highlighted it and then clicked on okay. But I am still having the same issue of the cover not showing. So what am I doing wrong? Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #694
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: being greyed-out... at the risk of asking a dumb question, do you have your AuraHD USB-connected and some books selected? Many options are greyed-out until the Kobo and calibre are fully connected.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #695
tadpole
Enthusiast
tadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to beholdtadpole is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo aura hd
jackie_w Thank you for the reply! And no, it was not a dumb question, because that was the key! I did not have my Aura HD plugged in. It never occurred to me to do that, I just assumed that the Kobo utilities was just like my other plugin's where I could adjust them before plugging in. So Thank You! (Now you know who the dumb on is!)
tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #696
ebookskippy
ebookskippy began at the beginning.

Device: KoboTouch & Aura N514
Getting Shelves from Device

Hello David,
sorry for the delayed test & delivery of the problem.
Attached you will find the debug log.

Thanks -P-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Debug Log - Getting Shelves from Device.pdf (56.4 KB, 1159 views)
ebookskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #697
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
ebookskippy: Sorry, I haven't had a chance to loo at this. It might be a couple of more days before I can.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #698
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.8.2

I have just updated the plugin to v1.8.2. The changes are:
  • New: Add option to do backup each time the device is connected.
  • Fix: Error building list of shelves when fetching from device.
  • Fix: Update menu handling for calibre 2.10 and later.

The extra backup option is on the configuration dialog. You have the choice of doing the backup on every connection or once a day. This does not affect how many backups are kept. It is the number of copies, not how many days to keep the backups.

The fetching shelves problem is the one reported by ebookskippy. It deserves a definite on my part.

The last problem is due to a recent change in calibre to work better with the menuing system on one of the Linux distributions. I haven't had a report of the problem, but I could see something wrong with the way I was handling it.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here. And the same goes if you have any suggestions or questions.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #699
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
David; when I am in the configuration screen I see two check boxes ""Backup the device database daily". It's only when I cursor over them and get the ?? tip ?? on the screen that I see it's the second option for the every time connect option.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #700
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think is the right answer to that. I have fixed it and uploaded 1.8.3. My apologies to everyone for the extra download.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:56 AM   #701
vIosOnE

Hi @davidfor. In the last update the modification of the backup on each connection does not appear in Spanish. It's not important but surely you'd know. Thank you for your invaluable work.

The translation would be: "Hacer copia de seguridad del dispositivo en cada conexión"

Doing a little research I have seen that in the file "es.po" in translations directory, after:

Code:
#: config.py:390 config.py:398
msgid ""
"If this is selected the plugin will backup the device database the first "
"time it is connected each day."
msgstr ""
"Si selecciona esta opción el plugin hará una copia de seguridad de la base "
"de datos del dispositivo la primera vez que se conecte cada día."
should not be the code for this part in the code of config.py ??

Code:
self.backup_each_connection_checkbox = QCheckBox(_('Backup the device database on each connection'), self)
        self.backup_each_connection_checkbox.setToolTip(_('If this is selected the plugin will backup the device database each time the device is connected.'))
        self.backup_each_connection_checkbox.setCheckState(Qt.Checked if backup_each_connection else Qt.Unchecked)
        self.backup_each_connection_checkbox.clicked.connect(self.backup_each_connection_checkbox_clicked)
        options_layout.addWidget(self.backup_each_connection_checkbox, 0, 2, 1, 3)
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboUtilScreen.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	131435  

Last edited by vIosOnE; 11-22-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #702
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@vIosOnE: I always forget about the languages. I haven't generated the files for a while, so there are a lot more missing that that. Any chance of doing the rest?

I have attached the updated es.po file as a zip file. You can edit this manually, but a good tool is POEdit. It a free tool that opens the PO files and lets you do the translations. The untranslated strings will be in bold.

And if anyone want to do other any languages, that would be appreciated. If you do, post the translated file here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.8.3-default.zip (7.3 KB, 597 views)
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.8.3-es.zip (16.3 KB, 593 views)
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #703
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think I can have the strings translated into Spanish tomorrow
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #704
vIosOnE

@davidfor. Thanks for your reply. Only it seemed strange that they were all options in Spanish, except for the backup each time you connect the device. I repeat, thanks for your work.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #705
vIosOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think I can have the strings translated into Spanish tomorrow
Ya he visto que eres la persona que se encarga de la traducción. Gracias.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities