Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
All Books Flipped to Unread (Kobo H2O v2

Last night I went to My Books on my H2O v2 and all the books on it were now marked Unread even though there were probably 80 or 90 on it previously marked Read.

Maybe it doesn't seem like a big thing but I know there are a lot of those books I won't necessarily remember reading and will have to start reading again to jog my memory. There are a couple hundred books on the Reader.

Running latest firmware. At least 95% were from Kobo with the remainder sideloaded or from Google Play.

Any thought on what might have happened? Pretty much figuring I will have to live with the aftermath of the glitch.

Dana
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Hartsock
Enthusiast

I just checked my Kobo account and the books are properly tagged Read or Unread there. Not certain how to proceed.
Advert
Old 01-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
I just checked my Kobo account and the books are properly tagged Read or Unread there. Not certain how to proceed.
Silly question, but, have you tried to synchronize the H2O again?. Maybe this can help to have (at least) the books bought to kobo marked as read (the sideloaded books will not be affected by the synchronization).
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
I misread this yesterday and read it as they weren't shown as read in the library

Syncing might work, but, it is a likely to update the stored library. I would sign out of the account on the device and sign in again. That will sync the books and status from the server after signing in. You will lose the reading status for sideloaded books. But, if you are a calibre user, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to store and later restore their reading status.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
Hartsock
Enthusiast

Thanks. I don't know if I have the Kobo Utilities installed in Caliber but I will check. Right now I am using my Chromebook. I definitely will take your advice.

Since the Kobo server side of things seems to be correct I did not want to do anything rash until I had a good idea how to proceed.

Dana
Advert