Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #46
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I almost wouldn't have to patch except I want ability to "bolden" fonts in ePubs
EDIT: And thanks to all those who find all the new features and write the patches.
I patched my Kobo for the first time today, and like you said above, adding the advanced controls for sideloaded fonts was one of the few patches I enabled. It's great that Kobos are so patchable and that there are so many helpful people who donate their time and talents to benefit the user community
Old 12-14-2018, 02:42 AM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Yeah,I just tried it with v4.11.12019 (I haven't upgraded it to v4.12.12111 yet).

If I enable show-footer, it only displays menu bar without any entry pops up. Now I have to click the icon I want again. Well, it's not really what I wanted.

I still miss the time when last entry was selected when the menu bar pops up.
It is still working here. But, it doesn't work across books, and it doesn't popup if the last icon chosen was not one of the ones that popup. So, if you open the ToC, the next time the menubars get displayed, it won't popup anything. This is unchanged.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 AM   #48
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is still working here. But, it doesn't work across books, and it doesn't popup if the last icon chosen was not one of the ones that popup. So, if you open the ToC, the next time the menubars get displayed, it won't popup anything. This is unchanged.
OK, thanks. I'll try it in other books later.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:43 AM   #49
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I can put it there with a patch if anyone's interested, now that it has a config file entry . Thanks for finding it!
Yes, I would appreciate it, if possible
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #50
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Yes, I would appreciate it, if possible
Which setting should I replace? It must be a simple checkbox one, and can be in any of the setting screens.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #51
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I patched my Kobo for the first time today, and like you said above, adding the advanced controls for sideloaded fonts was one of the few patches I enabled. It's great that Kobos are so patchable and that there are so many helpful people who donate their time and talents to benefit the user community
There are several patches that I consider "must have". Enabling advanced controls for sideloaded fonts is one of them. Cleaning up the homescreen by removing the stuff I don't care about is another.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #52
alonemrinal
alonemrinal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for update. Unfortunately, my Glo doesn't see this update yet no matter how many times I sync or power-off and then again try after restarting. It might take time as I am located in India.
alonemrinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #53
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
There are several patches that I consider "must have". Enabling advanced controls for sideloaded fonts is one of them. Cleaning up the homescreen by removing the stuff I don't care about is another.
when you've applied the cleaning up the homescreen patch can you add multiple collections on to the homescreen?

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #54
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Which setting should I replace? It must be a simple checkbox one, and can be in any of the setting screens.
I personally don’t use many settings, most importantly dictionary pop up, so any you think would be ok to be replaced ( if I understood your question correctly)
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #55
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I really don't know why Kobo won't make the advanced/bold option for side loaded fonts. Amazon does it. What's so special about Kobo's fonts that side loaded fonts can't have the same privilege? We shouldn't need a patch for such a simple thing.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:14 AM   #56
MarkoRamius
MarkoRamius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o 2nd Ed.
Hi,

I've tried a few search but wasn't able to find answer.

I recently changed my H2O Edition 2 (broken screen). But I don't know how to identify if my current H2o Edition 2 is V1 (Mark 6 firmware) or V2 (Mark 7 firmware).

Can please someone tell me how to check this ?
MarkoRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #57
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius View Post
Hi,

I've tried a few search but wasn't able to find answer.

I recently changed my H2O Edition 2 (broken screen). But I don't know how to identify if my current H2o Edition 2 is V1 (Mark 6 firmware) or V2 (Mark 7 firmware).

Can please someone tell me how to check this ?
It says on my firmware page: If the 7th digit of your serial number is a 2 you have the second version, otherwise you have the first version.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #58
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
I personally don’t use many settings, most importantly dictionary pop up, so any you think would be ok to be replaced ( if I understood your question correctly)
I meant things like checkboxes in the settings dialog, for example Adobe page numbers, reading life, etc.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #59
MarkoRamius
MarkoRamius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o 2nd Ed.
Quote:
It says on my firmware page: If the 7th digit of your serial number is a 2 you have the second version, otherwise you have the first version.
Amazingly fast reply : many thanks :-)
MarkoRamius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius View Post
Amazingly fast reply : many thanks :-)
No problem! I'm almost always everywhere at once ! I'm actually surprised you noticed the response so fast, as most people don't seem to notice quick responses until the next day.