Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This isn't exactly a bug but more of a serious flaw.

The page number for box standard ePub is not at the bottom of the screen. So it's wasting space at the bottom of the screen. Plus, the space reserved above the page number for the menu is again wasting space. I know you can set widows and orphans to 0 to get the most on the screen, but that only goes so far before the white space takes over and wastes a number of lines. Because of this white space, I can get more lines on a 650 then I can on an Aura as the same line height and same font size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Bug: Re-add a way to sort books by series, as well as title
Device: Glo
From Firmware: 2.4.0 (in 2.3.2 you can sort by series, but it was named "sort by title")
Sounds like it was a bug in 2.3.2 and was fixed in 2.4.0 and now you want to add a feature. So it's not really a bug report. It's a feature request.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@JSWolf: thank you for you report, but I need the product name, firmware and plugins if installed. You can find a "template" in the first post. In future open a new thread

I agree it's a feature request. I added it as a bug only because you can do it before, so it's a sort of regression.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Bug: Text in dictionary popup gets cut on the right
Device: Touch, Mini
From Firmware: 2.5.0

Bug: Too much whitespace in the header and footer
From Firmware: 2.5.1

@JSWolf: your bug is the second one?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I don't seem to have this problem on my Mini, but I only have either original kepubs or sideloaded epubs: is it possible this is specific to epub books only?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #21
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

It could be. It could also be caused by sideloading. Can you test it with a sideloaded kepub?

PS: in future it's better to discuss bugs in their threads, or it will be a mess

EDIT: read also this post.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-01-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
If anything specific to the iOS pops up on this list, can someone rattle my cage and let me know.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #23
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ooook
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #24
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:

Bug: Too much whitespace in the header and footer
From Firmware: 2.5.1

@JSWolf: your bug is the second one?
I'm not JSWolf, but the second bug (too much whitespace in the header and footer) also happens on the Aura with 2.5.1 firmware. If it gets fixed for the Glo, will it also (I assume) be fixed for the Aura? (And, actually, the header is ok. It's the footer that has gigantic variable whitespace--in my opinion.)
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #25
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
If it gets fixed for the Glo, will it also (I assume) be fixed for the Aura?
I don't know, but I think Aura has priority now for Kobo.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #26
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I don't know, but I think Aura has priority now for Kobo.
As far as I know, the Aura is only a limited device and the Glo remains the flagship ereader
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #27
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
It seems Kobo is ignoring the bookmark issue on the Touch. Even now in 2.5.1 it still hasn't been fixed.
If I bookmark a page and then exit the book or power off, when I return to the book it always goes back to the first page of the chapter. If I open the bookmark it shows, for instance "66% into chapter". If I open it, back to page 1.

This has been an issue for the last 3 or 4 versions. I think it probably needs to be fixed.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@Reaper1242: Which types of document have this bug: epub, kepub, pdf and/or cbz? have you a (free) test document?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Reaper: Quite often this is a sign of a corrupted database and not a true bug.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #30
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Word split from beginning quote

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.5.1

To me this is a definite bug, not just a flaw or a feature request. A word should never be separated from the beginning quote, whether there's special coding around the quote or just around the word after the quote.

It happens with justification off, left or full. It can happen no matter what font is selected. It happens when the book is loaded from the device or from the SDcard. All my books are sideloaded epubs, no idea if it works correctly on a kepub.

There's a screenshot of it in the thread I started awhile ago, so I hope the existing thread suffices.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app