Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Keyboard to Paperwhite 2 - Speechless!

Just got my Paperwhite 2. Wow.

I'm just speechless at how much better the screen is. For COMICS even! Currently editing mine to strip off the edges and enjoy them on this gorgeous crisp screen.

I've never played with this version of the Kindle OS either, and I'm just blown away with how good it is. The visual collections are great, the virtual keyboard is very nice to type on, and I just love touching this thing!

Just finished a round of Grid Detective, the refreshes are pretty quick on this thing too!

I don't like that there's a big fat Amazon logo on the back, but that's really a minimal issue. Can anyone recommend a very, very, very light back/case I can get to cover that?

Can't wait for Goodreads support!

I hope my eInk doesn't explode this time around.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Just got my Paperwhite 2. Wow.

I'm just speechless at how much better the screen is. For COMICS even!

I've never played with this version of the Kindle OS either, and I'm just blown away with how good it is. The visual collections are great, the virtual keyboard is very nice to type on, and I just love touching this

Can anyone recommend a very, very, very light back/case I can get to cover that?
Fantastic Jessica - so glad you're enjoying it! In terms of cases, I got the official Amazon case, and highly recommend it. It's slim and light, yet light provides very good protection. It's pricy, but the quality is excellent.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Glad you like it so much, Jessica! I second Victoria on the official Amazon case too.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Congrats and enjoy. I recall feeling the same way you do after upgrading from the keyboard.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Just got mine as well. And same as you, I "jumped" from kindle keyboard to Paperwhite 2
Since I'm in Japan, my model has 4GB, so I get the same amount of memory as my kindle keyboard has, which is awesome since I like to load a lot of books ^^
I got it for 80$ as well, from auctions.yahoo.co.jp. It's been used for 1 day by a Japanese person, guess they didn't like it. Japanese often don't, since they read lot of manga and tablets are much better than kindle pw for that. Besides, kindle cant load so much manga as it can books.

Anyway, I LOVE IT. I love the flash card feature, light, being able to change dictionary directly while reading a text. Now I can actually get Japanese to English translation Also vertical text is fine! That was most missed in KK.

Next best thing coming is Goodreads support. Can't wait.

Enjoy as I will too
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #6
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
For COMICS even! Currently editing mine to strip off the edges and enjoy them on this gorgeous crisp screen.
You might like this: http://kcc.vulturis.eu/
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Thanks everybody. Set up my collections a little while ago. Kinda wish you could add an image, but still, it works so much better than it ever did on the Keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Just got mine as well. And same as you, I "jumped" from kindle keyboard to Paperwhite 2
Since I'm in Japan, my model has 4GB, so I get the same amount of memory as my kindle keyboard has, which is awesome since I like to load a lot of books ^^
I got it for 80$ as well, from auctions.yahoo.co.jp. It's been used for 1 day by a Japanese person, guess they didn't like it. Japanese often don't, since they read lot of manga and tablets are much better than kindle pw for that. Besides, kindle cant load so much manga as it can books.

Anyway, I LOVE IT. I love the flash card feature, light, being able to change dictionary directly while reading a text. Now I can actually get Japanese to English translation Also vertical text is fine! That was most missed in KK.

Next best thing coming is Goodreads support. Can't wait.

Enjoy as I will too
NICE! I wish Amazon would have stuck to the older sizes. I can always downsize and greyscale images though. Which would be fine considering it's a grayscale screen to begin with.

I LOVE holding it sideways to read newspaper comic strips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Welcome!

You might like this: http://kcc.vulturis.eu/
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. I was doing it the hard way to begin with.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote