Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Had Ouken
Had Ouken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
How good does the Sync work?

With the new update this year, (5.20) a lot of devices have finally received the feature that will Sync the books INCLUDING NOTES AND HIGHLIGHTS with the mobile Apps.

Can someone please tell me how good this works? I have the option to return my Touch HD 3, or wait for the update to this device. This feature is cruial for my decission.

I’m mainly interested in how good the Highlights sync with the iOS App.

Many thanks in advance
Had Ouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
Had Ouken

Nobody using the Sync?
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #3
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What do you mean by "good"? What do you need? The sync works good for my use case, which is syncing between Android and ereader. When you hit that sync button on the Pocketbook, your new notes will almost instantly appear the next time you press sync on the android app. Notes and highlights and comments and screenshots are synced. The notes are not attached to the files, so if you change the file the notes won't be connected anymore. But you can export them all as HTML, even the screenshots are exported then. I don't know how the sync specifically works, probably it just treats the files with the newest modified time stamp and treats it as the one to sync, ignoring the other one. That's why I turned off auto-sync so I can manually control if it's the Android or ereader version that will be synced.
It's an OK feature IMO.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
Had Ouken

Thank you very much.
That’s what I wanted to know. If the Sync is reliable and if highlights are synced aswell.