Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
free Stieg Larsson book w purchase at Kindle UK - good thru 6 Sept 2017

The following splash screen appeared for me this morning on Kindle UK. I have not yet tried this offer, but will probably buy a Kindle UK book soon, and will report back. It does say in the terms that this is only if you got an email (which I didn't, just the splash screen), but it's not clear whether that applies to the "redeem" email or an email about the initial offer. In any case, I'll report back, or someone else may be able to...

Oh, and actually, now that I re-read this, you don't even have to buy a book if you instead download and register the Kindle Reading App - but since this is only if you haven't already done so, it probably lets out anyone on MR who is reading this post

Quote:
Get a free Kindle Book

Pick from one of these bestselling titles from the “Millennium” series when you buy any Kindle book or buy any print book or download and register the free Kindle Reading App by 11:59 pm on 06 Sept 2017. Once you have performed one of these actions, you will receive an email within 7 days with a link to download your free ebook. Titles available for free download are:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Terms and conditions apply.
"Get a free Kindle Book" Terms and Conditions
1. The ''Get a free Kindle Book'' promotion applies to selected Kindle titles and runs from 00:00 on 16th August, 2017 until 11:59 on 06th September, 2017 (the "Promotional Period").

2. You will be eligible to download one free Kindle Book from a selected range displayed at the point of redemption (a “Qualifying Item”), only if you buy any Kindle book or buy any print book or download and register the free Kindle Reading app (a "Qualifying Activity") within the Promotional Period. Only paid purchases count. Purchase of a free book available on Amazon.co.uk will not count as a "Qualifying Activity". The "Qualifying Activity" of downloading and registering the Kindle Reading app is applicable only to first-time registrants. If you have previously registered on the Kindle app, you will need to either buy a Kindle Book or buy a print book to be eligible for this promotion.

3. Your Qualifying Activity will earn you one free Kindle book, regardless of how many times you perform the qualifying action or how many different qualifying actions you perform. Offer is limited to maximum one Qualifying Item per customer and is not redeemable for cash.

4. You will receive an email to redeem a Qualifying Item within 7 days of performing the Qualifying Activity and have until 11:59 pm BST on 08 October, 2017 to download the free Kindle Book.

5. Offer may be changed or withdrawn without notice by Amazon.co.uk and has no cash alternative.

6. This promotion is only available to customers who have received a link via email and have their registered address in one of the following territories: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Ireland, Isle of Man or Jersey.

7. Offer only applies to Kindle books and print books purchased at Amazon.co.uk. It does not apply to Kindle books and print books purchased from any other website. Individual titles may not be available in all countries and territories.

8. Normal Amazon.co.uk terms and conditions for using the Amazon.co.uk website apply. If you have any enquiries please contact us using our online e-mail form.
The link for the splash screen is horrible, but I don't think I see an affiliate tag in there. If there is one, I apologize...

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Book...d_i=5400977031

Last edited by sufue; 08-26-2017 at 10:55 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Interesting. I got #1 in a deal sometime ago, and haven't yet read it. As I am off on my hols in a couple of weeks, this comes at the right time as I fully expect to make at least one purchase before I go.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Looks like it's open to everyone who makes a qualifying purchase. I picked up the Peter F Hamilton books that were on offer last weekend and just had a "Congratulations on your free Kindle book!" email.

Quote:
Thank you for participating in the Get a free Kindle Book promotion. You are receiving this email because you have bought a Kindle book or a print book or registered on the Kindle Reading app between 16th August 2017 and 6th September 2017. You are now eligible for a free Kindle book from the Millennium series. You can redeem your free Kindle book any time before 8th October 2017.

We hope you enjoy reading the Millennium series. To download your free Kindle Book, please click on the link below. Happy reading!
Here's the odd thing. I've already got them all, so the promotion isn't actually of much use to me. However, as I knew it was a genuine Amazon offer, I clicked through anyway. The second and third novels were both greyed out, but it did let me select Dragon Tattoo.

Looks like the version I picked up back in 2015 was a separate tie-in edition to the Daniel Craig/Rooney Mara film adaptation. The one offered here has a different ASIN, so Amazon regard it as a completely different product.

By a bizarre coincidence, I finished reading the first authorised sequel just last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Interesting. I got #1 in a deal sometime ago, and haven't yet read it. As I am off on my hols in a couple of weeks, this comes at the right time as I fully expect to make at least one purchase before I go.
Just be aware that the second and third novels are effectively one story over two volumes. You might not want to be stranded on the beach without the conclusion
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The following splash screen appeared for me this morning on Kindle UK. I have not yet tried this offer, but will probably buy a Kindle UK book soon, and will report back. It does say in the terms that this is only if you got an email (which I didn't, just the splash screen), but it's not clear whether that applies to the "redeem" email or an email about the initial offer. In any case, I'll report back, or someone else may be able to...

Oh, and actually, now that I re-read this, you don't even have to buy a book if you instead download and register the Kindle Reading App - but since this is only if you haven't already done so, it probably lets out anyone on MR who is reading this post

There is more than one Kindle Read App so I could qualify by installing one I don't have, say Kindle For PC, in the qualifying period
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Seymour View Post
Just be aware that the second and third novels are effectively one story over two volumes. You might not want to be stranded on the beach without the conclusion
Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if it will be the same as previous deals and you'll get at link for each qualifying purchase.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 AM   #6
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I got an email this morning saying that I've qualified for the offer. Whilst I have bought ebooks recently I haven't set up any new kindle readers or software so it looks like buying a book is enough.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote