Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
currently available US models that we can JB?

I mislaid my KT2 at the beginning of the week while shopping. I am hoping it might yet be found and returned, but I am forced to consider I might need to replace it.

Are there any of the currently available US models being shipped from Amazon that we can JB? Preferably software, but with painstaking care and a hardware purchase I ought to be able to handle a serial JB.

I know this is a moving target in more ways than one. If I don't get my mislaid KT2 back by the beginning of the year I am going to have to consider my options.

If there are no new models I can be assured of a JB I will consider checking eBay for an acceptable used model. Recommendations there will also be appreciated should the new models be a total loss at present.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter in advance.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I asked about the PW4 here. I was considering getting one.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325120

There was a JB released recently, but it might have been plugged already. In any case, it doesn't look good...Not sure.

If you get a Kindle off ebay, etc, you'll have to make sure it comes with old FW. It might be a crapshoot.

What do you use the JB for anyway?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Current best bet for S/W JB is PW4

See post 724 (currently last) in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312489
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I asked about the PW4 here. I was considering getting one.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325120

There was a JB released recently, but it might have been plugged already. In any case, it doesn't look good...Not sure.

If you get a Kindle off ebay, etc, you'll have to make sure it comes with old FW. It might be a crapshoot.

What do you use the JB for anyway?
Do not get a Kindle from eBay. There's a very good chance that it could be blacklisted. Also, when you buy a Kindle PW4 or Oasis 3, it's a crap shoot if it;s able to be jailbroken. So don't buy a Kindle unless you are willing to use it without being jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
JB possibility depends on the firmware version. The upper jailbreakable versions are
PW2: 5.8.7.0.1
PW3: 5.9.6.1
PW4: 5.10.1.3
KT2: 5.8.7.0.1
KT3: 5.8.7.0.1
KT4: 5.11.0
KV: 5.8.7.0.1
KOA: 5.8.7.0.1
KOA2: 5.9.0.6

Especially for PW4 look here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=724
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given how Amazon is filling in the holes that allow a jailbreak, I suggest if you get a Kindle that cannot be jailbroken, you just live with it or you buy a different device that doesn't need to b jailbroken instead of trying the Kindle lottery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Thus far, it seems the PW4 workaround still works.

ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:29 PM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Thus far, it seems the PW4 workaround still works.

PM Sent.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote