Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #721
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepri View Post
Ok found the way. I installed "Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.16.N_install.bin" with ;mrpi and now I can install 1.16 bridge with UYK.
Why twice?
Aren't those two (functionally) identical things?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #722
Lepri
Lepri began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
I don't know but after the first time there was 007 error when I tried to install hotfix with UYK. I thought bridge and hotfix are different. Anyway after second time ;mrpi there is no error when I try to install hotfix with UYK.
Lepri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:51 AM   #723
LastSilmaril
Enthusiast
LastSilmaril began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G, KV 3G
KV got stealth updated to 5.12.3 just now. Running JB hotfix and then the KUAL hotfix file from the KUAL (coplate) release zip got me back up and running.

Last edited by LastSilmaril; 01-04-2020 at 05:54 AM.
LastSilmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #724
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSilmaril View Post
KV got stealth updated to 5.12.3 just now. Running JB hotfix and then the KUAL hotfix file from the KUAL (coplate) release zip got me back up and running.
Good to know; thank you for the update
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #725
julioemanoeld
julioemanoeld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (6th Generation)
So, i updated my pw4 to version 5.12.2 and kual stopped working. I tried to install the new hotfix from the first page via UYK but got error 007. Also tried to install the kual via UYK, but the kindle erases the .bin file before i put it to install. Having giving up my hopes, i just installed the 5.12.3 version, and while updating and the device was restarting, there was a smal white rectangle with "bridge" on it. Does it means it's still jailbroken? Is it possible to make kual work again? And if it's still possible, can someone explain to me step by step how to do it?
julioemanoeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:13 PM   #726
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioemanoeld View Post
So, i updated my pw4 to version 5.12.2 and kual stopped working. I tried to install the new hotfix from the first page via UYK but got error 007. Also tried to install the kual via UYK, but the kindle erases the .bin file before i put it to install. Having giving up my hopes, i just installed the 5.12.3 version, and while updating and the device was restarting, there was a smal white rectangle with "bridge" on it. Does it means it's still jailbroken? Is it possible to make kual work again? And if it's still possible, can someone explain to me step by step how to do it?
Yes, it can most likely be fixed. See this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477

Last edited by JimmyR; 01-21-2020 at 09:20 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #727
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioemanoeld View Post
After error 007 do the following
- restore ;log mrpi command (the link above)
- download K5 JailBreak archive
- take Update_jailbreak_bridge_*_install.bin from the archive and install it via ;log mrpi
- install KUAL hotfix (from KUAL coplate archive) as update
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #728
julioemanoeld
julioemanoeld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (6th Generation)
Thank you very much @JimmyR and @hius07, it worked!
julioemanoeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:49 AM   #729
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Good news! Glad it worked for you.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #730
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
the solution worked!! Thank you! PW4 (2018) updated all the way to 5.12.3 with all the problems and errors mentioned before.

Has this solution been propagated thru all the threads?
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #731
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
the solution worked!! Thank you! PW4 (2018) updated all the way to 5.12.3 with all the problems and errors mentioned before.

Has this solution been propagated thru all the threads?
Have we found a way to stop 5.12.3 automatically updating other than flight mode though? Unfortunately this may all not be worth doing if not
Old 01-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #732
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
Have we found a way to stop 5.12.3 automatically updating other than flight mode though? Unfortunately this may all not be worth doing if not
Well it will for those whose devices have updated already of course, but if they’re not future proof then that’s a shame
Old 01-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #733
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
They will, it will probably take a bit of time, but they will
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #734
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
To block autoupdate
- use KUAL Helper button PREVENT OTA Updates (not for sure)
- fill the device memory (with any files) to the level below 200 MB
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:23 PM   #735
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, the latest round of updates is finally here .

Quite a few dependencies have been updated, so, if stuff goes wonky, give me a shout.

Notably, Python 3 has been updated to Python 3.8.1. And FBInk has been updated (if you rely on py-fbink or the CLI tool, mind the latest API changes)!

Speaking of Python, the default symlink still points to Python 2, but the plug will be pulled once the final release comes out in April.

(Also, the download URLs have been updated, and now go through HTTPS. I'm told the old style URLs will keep on trucking, but hotlinking these was always a terrible idea to begin with, so, eh, don't do it.).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-10-2020 at 10:27 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje