Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
butterbeer
butterbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Question Page number is not shown when converted to .azw3

Hey everyone, I had some side loaded books in my kindle that I converted from .epub to .mobi through calibre which worked fine. Lately I realized that I can use custom fonts if my books are in azw3 format so I converted all my .epub books to .azw3 through calibre and sent them to my kindle. Problem is that I cannot view the page numbers with the newly converted books. It only shows the location and time remaining and the page number remains greyed out. How can I resolve this? Is there a setting in calibre I needed to look at before converting the books?

Thanks!
butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Calibre sends a separate .apnx file to Kindle devices when transferring a book in MOBI or AZW3 format. The relevant settings are in the "Device" menu when your device is connected under "Configure this device". Make sure that "Send page number information when sending books" is checked. See the tooltips for other relevant settings.

Added: If the settings look correct the generation or copy of the .apnx file may be failing for some reason. You can run calibre in debug mode (Preferences - Restart in debug mode) and then do the transfer to get a log file.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-09-2019 at 11:00 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #3
butterbeer
butterbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the reply, page number option was checked, I set it to accurate and sent the books again and it worked perfectly.
butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
reinsley
Connoisseur
reinsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
My 2 cts.

Conversion epub to azw3 with calibre v:3.48 (Win7).
My kindle is Paperwhite 2.
Out convert setup is kindle paperwhite, the good option.
Rarely some of my books display location only and pages number is not available.
Most of books display pages. One out two hundred has got this issue.

I checked "accurate", this option did not fix it.
I tested epub to mobi.
Then epub to epub to do again epub to azw3.

No way to display the pages number.

May be something wrong in the css code.
I opened a .apnx file with notepad++ but I can't duplicate and adapt it to force the pages number.
reinsley is offline   Reply With Quote