Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 12:42 AM   #61
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
I always order from Amazon.de, but I can't find this item there?
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0791BBNKV

I found it with Google Search. It didn't come up in the Amazon search.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:45 AM   #62
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
I always order from Amazon.de, but I can't find this item there?
I can't find it either. hope it hasn't sold out.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:10 AM   #63
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0791BBNKV

I found it with Google Search. It didn't come up in the Amazon search.
Sirtel, you're the best!!
I just ordered 2 and had it sent to Mailboxde.com where I made an account.

SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #64
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sirtel, you're the best!!
I just ordered 2 and had it sent to Mailboxde.com where I made an account.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:10 AM   #65
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Unfortunately... holy crap is this thing viciously cold!

I know people have found ways around this with lightweight stick-on backs of various sorts... so, does anyone have a recommendation of something to make this better without making the thing much heavier?
1. Wear gloves - advantage is no added weight.
2. Rubber/vinyl sprayed coating will add very little - multiple colours choice.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #66
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

yay!!! my Young Me back cover is OFD!

Old 01-06-2020, 09:09 AM   #67
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
My cover finally arrived and it is glorious!

It feels so nice and a lot warmer when I'm holding it. No more freezing hands.

I really really love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200103_115731.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	176198   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200103_115742.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	176199   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200103_115726.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	176200  
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #68
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Glad to hear, Susan!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #69
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
It is no colder than any other metal device. I actually feel no cold at all on the device unless the room itself is cold. I am not sure why it is cold for you but using a case should help
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #70
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
My Oasis 3 has arrived off the Black Friday deal..

So far I'm very happy with this rubberized/tpu case for the back only

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791BBNKV

(I don't want a front cover)

The reviews are spot on in that some may want even more grip (I'm sort of in that camp) and I may add some grippy tape to the bump where the fingers rest. Going to use it for a bit first and be sure.

Great option if this is the sort of case you like, as I do.

before this came out, i just bought a fintie case and sliced off the front side with a razor, making my own diy "back side only" cover.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:13 AM   #71
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
It is no colder than any other metal device. I actually feel no cold at all on the device unless the room itself is cold. I am not sure why it is cold for you but using a case should help
It's cold because the UK is not a warm country in winter, and I prefer house temperatures cold enough that metal does in fact feel cold when I touch it (too cold to want to hold long-term). I don't buy metal-bound books, either, and there's a reason besides expense why metal-bound books are rare.

FWIW, my Skinomi skin arrived, and with the addition of the back and side portions the cold level is radically reduced -- it's still noticeably colder than the Oasis 1, but perfectly tolerable now (comparable to the temperature of some glossy-covered books), even when reading outside at 4C. The increased size of the Kindle makes it a bit tricky to fit into the Fintie origami case, but it does fit: the Amazon fabric case is fine.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #72
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
https://www.amazon.com/Ayotu-Feeling...011&th=1&psc=1

I bought this after a couple of other case, and I have to say that is wonderful.
Fit perfectly, is more light than other cover, the rubber bumper makes it much easier to put on and take off the cover, with the other covers I often took them off to read because I found them somewhat uncomfortable to hold, this is as if it merged with the Kindle and it is also pleasant to touch. I'm really happy with it!
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #73
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perisiana View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Ayotu-Feeling...011&th=1&psc=1

I bought this after a couple of other case, and I have to say that is wonderful.
Fit perfectly, is more light than other cover, the rubber bumper makes it much easier to put on and take off the cover, with the other covers I often took them off to read because I found them somewhat uncomfortable to hold, this is as if it merged with the Kindle and it is also pleasant to touch. I'm really happy with it!
Sure, that looks nice -- but I was looking for something that didn't make it any heavier, and a full-blown cover usually adds enough weight that the thing ends up much heavier than an Oasis 1 with cover did. The Skinomi skin fixes the coldness and is so thin that it only weighs about 4g... and you can still put covers on as well.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I know for some, the extra weight of a cover can be an issue. But why is it is issue for those who do not have a medical condition?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:44 PM   #75
NullNix
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know for some, the extra weight of a cover can be an issue. But why is it is issue for those who do not have a medical condition?
The thing about having RSI is that you tend to assume that everyone has it I guess if you don't care about holding monster thousand-page paperbacks you probably won't care about the weight of a cover either.

Tags
cases, whining