Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Problem syncing new Kobo to existing account

My mother got a new Kobo Touch to replace one that broke, but she says that now she can't sync her books from her Kobo account to the new unit. She has apparently been going back and forth with Kobo support about it and getting increasingly frustrated. I suspect that she has to do something to register her new KT to her existing account in place of the old unit, and it wasn't done properly when she set it up. I'll try to help her out with it when I'm over there for Christmas, but I've never had to do that type of replacement before. Can someone tell me how it should be done, and what I should check if it hasn't been done properly?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
About all I can think of trying is deinstalling / reinstalling Kobo Desktop, and going through the setup. When prompted, supply the existing Kobo userid / password (and of course DO reauthorize with ADE too).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert