Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #616
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I wonder how easy it would be to do international returns? I don't really want to buy a K4 NT, find out it has this problem and then have to pay to return it, plus pay to get a new one back again.
I'd probably just wait for the woolies chains (big w/dse etc..) to start selling. Then you can just return to the store if this is a concern.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/10...om-november-7/
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #617
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I wonder how easy it would be to do international returns? I don't really want to buy a K4 NT, find out it has this problem and then have to pay to return it, plus pay to get a new one back again.
I believe for international users you pay for it to be ship back but then they reimburse your shipping once they get the unit. I don't think you have to pay shipping on the replacement. I believe it is sent free. I am going by what I read here in the past year.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #618
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
We had a kindle DXG that had a problem a few weeks after we bought it. Amazon sent us a new unit and a pre-paid return label.

BOb
But you're in Florida... at least your profile says that...
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #619
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'd suggest contacting CS now, especially if you can use the chat option online, and explain your concerns - letting them know that the ability for an easy/smooth/cost effective return will weigh in your decision as to whether or not you want to buy the K4.
Good idea!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #620
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
I'd probably just wait for the woolies chains (big w/dse etc..) to start selling. Then you can just return to the store if this is a concern.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/10...om-november-7/
Ah! Cool! I'll just wait another month then. I've heard patience is a virtue.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #621
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
But you're in Florida... at least your profile says that...
So, they don't do that for international customers? Do the units ship from the US or from an in country warehouse?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #622
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, they don't do that for international customers? Do the units ship from the US or from an in country warehouse?

BOb
That's what I was asking. Trying to see if they did the same thing for international customers or if we had to foot the bill. Anyway, just going to wait until local stores here start selling them from Nov 7th
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #623
FBoespflug
Enthusiast
FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
I think you are spot on. I shall hang onto my Kindle 3G until the 3G Touch turns up here. Then I think it will be very tempting!

amjb
Yes! I'll wait for the Touch version in Europe/France.
FBoespflug is offline   Reply With Quote