Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Conversion problems

I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I'm baffled. In Calibre I want to convert an rtf to mobi and lrf. And epub, but that I don't have problems with.

In Calibre I select my book and go to "covert e-books". In "page setup" I select mobi. And click "ok".

Then I go to save as, and save it on the desktop. For some reason it only saves the epub file. Lrf and mobi are yet to be seen, even though I already have converted them. I searched the whole computer for mobi or lrf files and they were nowhere to be found. When I clicked ok, there was a task running and something happening... just no conversions to the format I was hoping for.

Please help guys. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
It will create all the different formats in the same folder in your library. Have you looked in the folder for the book in your library?
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I even search the whole hard drive. Nothing.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Right click the book and select "Edit metadata"; the screen will show you which formats your book is currently available in.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur

ok... I solved my problem. I had missed the drop down bok in the upper right hand corner. I'd only selected mobi in the middle frame. Now I'm all good.
Advert