Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
parasit
parasit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPhone 3G, Sony Clie
Bug (?) related to polish (non-ascii) chars

Hi,
I found 2 strange things:
1. In Content Server, when i try find something with polish national chars , i got "Error: error, undefined" in my browser.

Books are on list, i can find them in Calibre, but browser search does not support non-ascii chars.

2. I cant use "ś" (alt + s) letter in search field in Calibre. When i try "focus" moves back to "Advanced search" button. In other fields (eg book details) i can use this letter normally.

Calibre 0.5.12 (but the same problems was in 0.5.9)
Mac OsX 10.4.11 Intel
Browser: Safari 3.2.1 or Opera 9.65
parasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run the calibre server from the command line as

calibre-server --develop

and then post the log when you get the error

As for 2 that has nothing to do with calibre, since it happens in your browser
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
parasit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As for 2 that has nothing to do with calibre, since it happens in your browser
First problem is in browser, but second in application. In main window, "search" field dosent work correctly.

And log as you requested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by log
[17/May/2009:22:11:59] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last): File "cherrypy/_cprequest.pyo", line 606, in respond File "cherrypy/_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__ File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/library/server.py", line 36, in do return func(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages.zip/calibre/library/server.py", line 332, in library ids = self.db.data.parse(search) if search and search.strip() else self.db.data.universal_set() File "calibre/utils/search_query_parser.pyo", line 131, in parse File "calibre/utils/search_query_parser.pyo", line 137, in evaluate File "calibre/utils/search_query_parser.pyo", line 152, in evaluate_token File "calibre/library/database2.pyo", line 208, in get_matchesTypeError: 'in <string>' requires string as left operand

[17/May/2009:22:11:59] HTTP Request Headers: AUTHORIZATION: Digest username="calibre", realm="Has?o do biblioteki calibre. Nazwa u?ytkownika to calibre", uri="/library?_=1242591119093&start=0&num=20&sort=date&search=bia%C5%82o&order=descending", algorithm=MD5, nonce="a8dca24da5b372332fd9bec111e094ae", cnonce="TrBhfTOX5qUFPNSjFKQX0QMpu8ycZ4saryhdIQ35JE w=", qop=auth, nc=0000000f, response="0838c6ea17d7556b3acc2ea9698c3208" REFERER: http://127.0.0.1:8080/ HOST: 127.0.0.1:8080 TE: deflate, gzip, chunked, identity, trailers ACCEPT: application/xml, text/xml, */*, text/html, application/xml;q=0.9, application/xhtml+xml, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*;q=0.1 ACCEPT-CHARSET: iso-8859-1, utf-8, utf-16, *;q=0.1 USER-AGENT: Opera/9.64 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X; U; pl) Presto/2.1.1 CONNECTION: Keep-Alive, TE X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest Remote-Addr: 127.0.0.1 ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en,ja;q=0.9,fr;q=0.8,de;q=0.7,es;q=0.6,it;q=0.5,nl ;q=0.4,sv;q=0.3,nb;q=0.2 ACCEPT-ENCODING: deflate, gzip, x-gzip, identity, *;q=0127.0.0.1 - calibre [17/May/2009:22:11:59] "GET /library?_=1242591119093&start=0&num=20&sort=date&s earch=bia%C5%82o&order=descending HTTP/1.1" 500 1693 "http://127.0.0.1:8080/" "Opera/9.64 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X; U; pl) Presto/2.1.1"
Old 05-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1. will be fixed in next release. 2. can't be fixed as Alt+s is the keyboard shortcut for the advanced search button.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
1. will be fixed in next release. 2. can't be fixed as Alt+s is the keyboard shortcut for the advanced search button.
On Polish keyboard layout it's only right Alt + key that makes Polish letters appear. Left Alt + key has the same meaning as in English layout.

I'm guessing you don't distinguish between right and left Alt - if you could only capture left Alt + key as a shotcut to the advanced search, or even make it an option not to capture right Alt + key, I'm sure that would solve the problem.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Right Alt is often labelled AltGr, and it's used to access additional characters (like €, ł, £, ¶, ¢... in my keyboard layout).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
On Polish keyboard layout it's only right Alt + key that makes Polish letters appear. Left Alt + key has the same meaning as in English layout.

I'm guessing you don't distinguish between right and left Alt - if you could only capture left Alt + key as a shotcut to the advanced search, or even make it an option not to capture right Alt + key, I'm sure that would solve the problem.
Unfortunately, keyboard handling happens at the toolkit level over which I don't have much control
Old 05-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasit View Post
Hi,
2. I cant use "ś" (alt + s) letter in search field in Calibre. When i try "focus" moves back to "Advanced search" button. In other fields (eg book details) i can use this letter normally.
It sounds like there is either something wrong with your keyboard layout or possibly (probably not) an issue with OS X's handling of the AltGr key modifier. AltGr should not be treated the same as the Alt key because it is a modifier key. Is your keyboard layout set to US by chance? The US layout treats AltGr the same as the left Alt key instead of as a modifier.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
parasit

Hi all,
Thanks for answers, i had a very busy month (my second son was born ) and dont have time to read forums.

About Alt and Alt Gr, i have MacBook and external keyboard. On laptop is only one Alt key, on keyboard two, but both works the same - gives polish chars "ąśźżćęłńó".
In calibre both (three) Alt keys move "focus" to advanced search button.