Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #1
Solvaring
Solvaring began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Recover Note app for Boox Max?

I accidentally removed the "Note" app on my Boox Max, the application that lets me do writing and drawing with the stylus pen. I wanted to try disabling and then enabling the app to see if i could get a duplicate entry to be removed from the home screen quick launch bar since I have found no way to remove icons once they have been placed.

Anyways, I did this all from the 'Manage Apps' interface on the device, I cleared the data with the clear data button. To my knowledge that doesn't erase the app itself, it just clears any data that app has such as saved notes. I disabled the app and then when i tried looking at my installed apps again it is nowhere to be found.

Can anyone provide me with a file to reinstall this app? It's not on the google play store and nothing i've found on the store functions correctly on this device.
Solvaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Have you tried doing a factory reset? On most other devices, that brings back the original settings.

Of course, you will lose any custom settings that you have made to your device and may have to reinstall any documents so best to do a backup before proceeding with a reset should you choose that option.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
Solvaring

That's the option of last resort that I haven't yet tried. I have a lot of books on my device and adding them again is going to take at least an hour. I hope it works!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:00 AM   #4
Solvaring

I found it! Since i disabled it, it moved to the bottom of my all apps list! Now if i could just find a way to remove icons from the quick launch bar on my home screen.