Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #31
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PW2, Oasis 3
Sounds like a neat tool! I wonder if it would be possible to use it for syncing the reading progress for books from Kindle to PC and back?
PRS-T2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #32
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer
HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS-T2 View Post
Sounds like a neat tool! I wonder if it would be possible to use it for syncing the reading progress for books from Kindle to PC and back?
Sorry but Kindle Mate only supports Kindle clippings and vocabulary words.
Per my understanding, reading progress is handled automatically by Amazon WhisperSync across Kindle and Kindle for PC, if that's what you meant.
HarveyCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2016, 04:24 AM   #33
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thank you for great app. Is it possible to connect to PW by wi-fi?
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #34
PRS-T2
Connoisseur
PRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadPRS-T2 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Harvey, thanks for your kind answer! I was just thinking that maybe the Kindles save the current reading status somewhere locally, N the device (since it remembers per book, where you left it last) and that one could grab these information...

Last edited by PRS-T2; 02-18-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:49 AM   #35
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer
HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS-T2 View Post
Harvey, thanks for your kind answer! I was just thinking that maybe the Kindles save the current reading status somewhere locally, N the device (since it remembers per book, where you left it last) and that one could grab these information...
Per my digging of this, the data related to the current status is stored in some encrypted file. So I believe it's almost impossible to grab such information. Please let me know if you have new findings. Maybe we can work this out someday.
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #36
PRS-T2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyCN View Post
Per my digging of this, the data related to the current status is stored in some encrypted file. So I believe it's almost impossible to grab such information. Please let me know if you have new findings. Maybe we can work this out someday.
Of course it makes sense for them to have it encrypted, given that this information along with the list of books is synchronized to many other devices and apps through the cloud.
Thanks for looking into it!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #37
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
@Harvey CN,

thank you for your comprehensive reply! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was totally swamped with work and haven't visited mobileread for quite a while.

The Category Folder feature sounds amazing - it exactly what I would need to easyly filter words by languages (and a great feature for any kinds of categories, whatever the user needs). I would love to try the 1.35 version of Kindle Mate (from what I've seen, it is not available yet, is it?).

I'm still dreaming about the possibility to remove some words from my Kindle, store them in the database and send back to the device when needed. If you find some solution for that, this would be amazing!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:06 AM   #38
tanventure
tanventure began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
@Harvey CN,

Wonder if you have Kindle Mate for Mac? or something similar because I mainly work on Mac

Thanks
tanventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #39
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer

Kindle Mate 1.35 released!
kmate.me
<General changes>
+ Added ‘Category Folder’ feature to categorize and manage Clippings Books, Authors and Vocabulary Books in folders.(Ctrl+N)
You may use this feature to organize and export your books or authors on different purposes, eg, to create folders like [SPANISH BOOKS] or [HARRY PORTER SERIES] etc.
+ Extend Content Edit feature to Clippings, Notes, Word Usages and Definitions.
* Adjusted and reorganized system and context menus and some layouts for better experience.
– Administrator privilege used to run Kindle Mate is no longer required.
+ More languages support
* Other known bugs fixes and performance improvements

<Clipping management changes>
+ Added an option to merge relevant clipping and note into a single record when exporting.(Options-Clippings Copy/Export Format-Merge Content)
+ Added support to export clippings into Word with book index and navigation.
+ Significantly improved importing and syncing performance on large clippings(5000+)

<Vocabulary management changes>
+ Added support of local dictionary files in Manage Word Definitions. Now you can add definitions for your Kindle vocabulary words using desired dictionaries.
Build or convert your own dictionary files!
+ Added Shanbay Bilingual(en-en, en-cn) and Wiktionary (20 target languages, beta) in Dictionary Source.
* Word data is no longer required when exporting vocabulary words. (You could export stem only when needed.
+ Added an option to switch usage scope (across books or only for the selected book view)
– Fixed the word book export issue. Now when exporting a word book into a text or excel file, usages of other books are excluded.
* Improved Anki export file compatibility.
* Importing the file exported by Kindle Mate into Anki might fail due to some unpaired marks. The issued is addressed and fixed.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:12 AM   #40
mendesitba
Connoisseur
mendesitba began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, Ipad 2, Note 5
First of all, congratulations on your software, it has been very useful for me. Moreover, the new version is awesome! I liked a lot the new dictionary features. I haven't used the other new features yet, but they are great and I'm planning to use them soon.

I have a doubt dating back to the first time I download the software, so it is not related to the new version.

If I exclude a certain clipping/highlight from a book via deleting it on Kindle Mate and pressing f10 (sync changes to Kindle), this highlight will completely be deleted or will it be in some Amazon cloud?

For instance, I delete a highlight and afterwards delete this book from my Kindle. On the next day, I decide to download the book again from my device cloud. When I download it, the highlight will appear again?
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #41
dushazmi
dushazmi began at the beginning.

Device: kv
Smile Thanks

i was looking for such program for long time, thanks. It s so simple and clear.....Hope kindle learn something from you, developers.
dushyant
dushazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #42
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyCN View Post
Kindle Mate 1.35 released!
kmate.me
Would you please add location numbers when exporting entries to text file from My Clippings? Sometimes it is useful to reopen the book and easily find the interesting entry.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #43
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushazmi View Post
i was looking for such program for long time, thanks. It s so simple and clear.....Hope kindle learn something from you, developers.
dushyant
Your feedback really matters. Thanks and enjoy it!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #44
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Would you please add location numbers when exporting entries to text file from My Clippings? Sometimes it is useful to reopen the book and easily find the interesting entry.
Do you mean Page Location info by meaning that? If so, please open Kindle Mate main menu-Options- Clippings Copy/Export Format, and make sure you have Page Location checked.
But if you mean only the location numbers like Location in the list view of Kindle Mate, currently you can't export that information by default.
However, you could achieve that by editing exported text using some simple regular expression if you know what that is.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #45
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendesitba View Post
First of all, congratulations on your software, it has been very useful for me. Moreover, the new version is awesome! I liked a lot the new dictionary features. I haven't used the other new features yet, but they are great and I'm planning to use them soon.

I have a doubt dating back to the first time I download the software, so it is not related to the new version.

If I exclude a certain clipping/highlight from a book via deleting it on Kindle Mate and pressing f10 (sync changes to Kindle), this highlight will completely be deleted or will it be in some Amazon cloud?

For instance, I delete a highlight and afterwards delete this book from my Kindle. On the next day, I decide to download the book again from my device cloud. When I download it, the highlight will appear again?
Kindle Mate only affects the clippings data stored in Kindle. The inline annotations (highlights and notes IN the book) made by you will remain the same when you download it again (will be in Amazon cloud).