Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
abecedarian
Enthusiast
abecedarian began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre, Kobo Aura H2O
Cursor jumps all over the place while editing text using the spellchecker

I have noticed a new bug since the last Sigil update (v. 0.9.10). When manually editing text using the spellchecker I've noticed that sometimes (not always!) the cursor suddenly jumps to another place in the text after typing the first character. This never happened before the last update of Sigil, but now this is happening quite frequently and it's pretty annoying. It makes me loose track of the text I was editing. As a provisional solution I have to undo the last edit to take the cursor back to its last position. Then I can restart the editing, which doesn't seem to repeat the same error. But it's of course an unnecessary annoyance.

I think this new bug may have been introduced by a bug fix in the last update. In the list of bug fixes the last entry is:

"Fix bug that moved cursor to beginning of tag block when save is done in CodeView."

This was indeed a rather annoying bug, that I had frequently noticed when saving in CodeView. I'm glad this is no longer happening. Because the fix is related to the positioning of the cursor, I intuit that unwittingly it may have introduced the new bug that I described above.

I hope the Sigil team can look into this new problem and find a fix.
abecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:53 AM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I reported this bug last month:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=309661

The bug started in 0.9.10, and is fixed for the next version of Sigil (0.9.11).
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
abecedarian
Enthusiast
abecedarian began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks! I must admit I completely overlooked that thread. I'm glad the fix has already been created and tested. I must add, however, that in my experience the cursor may jump further away than just a few characters. It may move a dozen or more lines away, making it hard to find its previous position.
abecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editing, sigil, spellcheck