Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
rapunza
rapunza began at the beginning.

Device: none
lost my font in the epub

Hello again, community. I've got an ebook that I've been perfecting with Calibre. Up until now the file has correctly displayed its fonts when I view it with ADE.
PROBLEM: Then, a few days ago the Crimson Text just disappeared, leaving Times New Roman in its place since that's the secondary serif font in the CSS. As far as I can tell, I didn't make any font changes that could have caused this; I've only been making text changes to the book's HTML pages. Also, I don't include style code in the HTML pages, just in the style sheet.
ATTEMPTED SOLUTION: I have a backup version of the file that shows Crimson properly. Today I tried copying the CSS file of that backup to the current file, but that didn't solve the problem.
QUESTION: Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try next? (I'm reluctant to just go with the last Crimson-showing file, since I made a bunch of tricky-to-replicate text changes since then—and in case the problem just returns.) Thank you!
rapunza is offline   Reply With Quote