Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #46
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Helen Bryan's War Brides. Whispersync Deal Now Only $3.99.

With another unusual price point of $2, also, on the ebook portion the WS deal on the following deal is $3.99 ($2.00-ebook + $1.99-audiobook).

The title is War Brides, and it is written by Helen Bryan.

Like the previously posted tome, this one has a huge number of ratings (11,156), a high rating (4.3 stars at Amazon), and a long audio (based upon the number pages in the ebook--497). However, the difference between the price of the audio alone at Audible ($15.95 (1 credit)) and this WS deal ($3.99) is more in line with what we usually see.

Learn more and/or get the entire deal here, at Amazon's webpage for the ebook.

This deal expires in 7 days.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 05:44 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #47
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amy Harmon's Historical Fiction From Sand and Ash--Whispersync Deal for $3.99.

From Sand and Ash, by Amy Harmon, currently has a Whispersync deal price of $3.99.

I didn't know this before researching for this post (this is fiction; I don't read fiction, you may remember), but Harmon is a very prolific writer.

From the title is would probably be impossible to figure out the subgenre or even the genre, but it is basically historical fiction.

I've seen slightly less expensive WS deals than this one, but other than that, almost everything about the book almost perfectly matches what I like to post in a WS deal: it's very highly rated, at 4.7 stars at Amazon (and that's from 4,506 ratings!), it's got lots of pages (372). The only other downside, if you can call it that, is that the audiobook at Audible alone is only $9.95 (1 credit). But that still represents a big savings (60%), and with the WS deal you get the ebook.

Check into the book and WS deal for yourself at this Amazon webpage.

This deal expires in 7 days.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Advert
Old 03-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #48
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$3.98 or $3.99 Whispersync Deals on ALL of Jeff Wheeler's Kingfountain Series Books.

The Whispersync deals for all six of the Kingfountain Series of Books, by Jeff Wheeler, are currently either $3.98 or $3.99.

See the entire list of the ebooks at Amazon in the series, with links to the individual webpages, at this webpage.

These deals expire in 7 days.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #49
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$3.98 or $3.99 Whispersync Deals on 3 out of 4 of the Callahan & McLane Series.

You can get Whispersync deals for 3 of the 4 (total) of the Callahan & McLane series at Amazon for either $3.98 or $3.99.

All of these books are written by Kendra Elliot. These are mystery/suspense books, with a little romance thrown in for good measure.

See the entire list of the four ebooks in the series at this Amazon webpage.

These deals expire in 7 days.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #50
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Whispersync Deals on Ellis' Mercy Kilpatrick series--Deals Starting at $3.98.

Depending on what you consider to be good deals, you may find some good Whispersync deals on books in another series by Kendra Ellis. These are all in the Mercy Kilpatrick series.

All of these deals expire in 7 days.

See all of the books in the series on this Amazon webpage. The least expensive WS deal on books in the series is $3.99. The prices go up gradually from there.

This series appears to be of the mystery subgenre.
Advert
Old 03-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #51
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$3.99 Whispersync Deals on Books in Jennifer Jaynes' Stranger Series.

There are $3.99 Whispersync deals on the first two Books (of a total of three) in Jennifer Jaynes' Stranger Series--Never Smile at Strangers and Ugly Young Thing.

The series falls into something like a crime/suspense/thriller subgenre.

The deals expire in 7 days.

See all of the ebooks in the series at this Amazon webpage.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #52
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I've got many more WS deals to post, but no more time today in which to do it.

However, some of the deals end 8 or 9 hours from now, limiting the number of peeps who would see them, anyway, especially the books that I would have gotten to posting several hours from now; the remainder of the deals end in 7 days, which hopefully will give me plenty of time to post them before they expire.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #53
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Whispersync Deal on Paris Time Capsule, by Ella Carey--$3.98.

A nightcap for you.

I don't know how long this offer will be good . . . .

Paris Time Capsule, by Ella Carey. It's something like a historical mystery.

282 pages. 4.2-star rating at Amazon.

Whispersync deal $3.98. I like to see a bigger gap between the WS deal price and the regular price of the audiobook alone at Audible ($9.95). But, that's still 60% off, and you get the ebook with the WS deal, which you don't get from buying the audio directly from Audible.

The webpage for the ebook, where you can learn more about the ebook and/or buy the entire WS deal!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #54
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Oooh, and I already had the e-book, so just $1.99 for the audiobook...cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheval View Post
Switcheroo, book 18 of the Gideon Oliver series by Aaron Elkins; combined Whispersync deal for $3.98. Audiobook 8 hours, 32 minutes.

$1.99 Kindle ebook
$1.99 Audible audiobook
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #55
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Oooh, and I already had the e-book, so just $1.99 for the audiobook...cool!

Thanks for sharing that. Glad you got some benefit from the post.

I thought that things (buy an ebook, and you can get the audiobook later at the Whispersync price) worked that way, but I wasn't absolutely sure. I'm glad to have confirmation of it.

I hope that I don't give Amazon/Audible any ideas (as though they actually read any of our posts. ha), but I hope that this perk does not end up being another one of their good deals that they take away from us . . . .
Old 03-25-2018, 10:45 PM   #56
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Whispersync Deals on Two Books of the Fire War Trilogy--Only $2.98 Each!

A couple of Books in T.T. Michael's Fire War Triology have great Whispersync deals at this moment (I don't know when the price will go back up, sorry).

These are the two most recent ones of the three total in the series so far: Fire War II: Treason (Book 1) and Fire War III: Uprising (Book 2). In case you are unfamiliar with the series (and you probably are; see below), the series is what I would call a dystopian political sci-fi one.

All of the things that I think of as important in a WS deal are present: great price ($2.98 each), lots of pages, big price disparity with the audiobook at Audible. However, for some reason, I couldn't scrounge up many ratings, although the ratings that are there are outstanding. For Treason, it is 4.8 (16) at Amazon and 4.42 (19) at GoodReads; for Uprising, it is 4.4 (9) at Amazon and 4.25 (12) at GoodReads. Perhaps the books are like hidden jewels . . . .

Fire War II (Fire War Trilogy Book 2).
Fire War III: Uprising (Fire War Trilogy Book 3).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-25-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #57
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks for sharing that. Glad you got some benefit from the post.

I thought that things (buy an ebook, and you can get the audiobook later at the Whispersync price) worked that way, but I wasn't absolutely sure. I'm glad to have confirmation of it.

I hope that I don't give Amazon/Audible any ideas (as though they actually read any of our posts. ha), but I hope that this perk does not end up being another one of their good deals that they take away from us . . . .
Most of us probably have hundreds or thousands of cheap whispersync deals available to us from all the Kindle freebies over the years.

This link should work for everyone, taking you to a list of all you have available. It takes me about an hour to scroll through all mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/ma...=kics_hp_dp_lm
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #58
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Most of us probably have hundreds or thousands of cheap whispersync deals available to us from all the Kindle freebies over the years.

This link should work for everyone, taking you to a list of all you have available. It takes me about an hour to scroll through all mine.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/ma...=kics_hp_dp_lm
I wasn't aware of that webpage. Tubemonkey probably was (because, well, tubemonkey knows _everything_), but I wasn't. It looks like a very useful webpage!

I'll bookmark it as soon as I can get to a _real_ computer, from this dumbphone that I have with me at the moment.

Ever a pessimist, and expecting something not to work (I get those characteristics from my father), there are a couple of things that make me wonder if I'll be able to use it much.

One is the fact that I have a _huge_ number_ of Kindle books (most of which were free, and I now think may be of dubious value), and it would take me much longer than an hour to scroll through all of them! Second is the fact that checking just once a week might not be sufficient--how often does Amazon lower the price of the Whispersync narration and then turn right around and increase the price again? Even being Mr. WhispersyncDeal, I don't know the answer to that. It might be that someone would need to check much more frequently than once a week.

But, what I said in my first paragraph still stands--it looks like a very useful website! I was thinking just now about what other good uses that I could make of the treasure trove of information on that webpage. I hope that other Mobilereaders will chime in with their thoughts . . . .
Old 03-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #59
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Whispersync Deal on Book 1, of the Red Phoenix Series is Now Only $2.98!

There are currently two Books in the Red Phoenix series by Larry Bond and Patrick Larkin. Book 1, which is also called Red Phoenix, has a super Whispersync deal on it at this time.

For only $2.98 right now, you can get the ebook, audio, and automatic syncing of those two.

The deal is super in part because it's got a 4.5-star average rating at Amazon, from 680 individual ratings; it's huge, at 640 pages (I can't imagine how long the audio must be! What bang for the buck!); and you save a huge amount on the audio buying the WS deal, because the audio, by itself, at Audible is $23.95 (or 1 credit).

Here's a short description, from Amazon:
In the aftermath of a series of student riots in Seoul, the U.S. Congress rushes a bill into law calling for the complete withdrawal of American troops from South Korea. This sets off a chain reaction: North Korea attacks across the DMZ, Russia supports North Korea, the Chinese remain neutral, and the United States fights again alongside its South Korean allies. The full range of ground, air, and naval forces take part in vicious combat, first to hold off the North Korean onslaught, then drive them back.

Get more information and/or purchase the WS deal from the ebook's webpage at Amazon.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-26-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:26 AM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I wasn't aware of that webpage. Tubemonkey probably was (because, well, tubemonkey knows _everything_), but I wasn't. It looks like a very useful webpage!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote