Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
AnthonyBe
AnthonyBe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Question Kindle ebook reading status in custom column

Hi,

I've followed pchrist7's post here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=137) to try and implement getting a read status column in Calibre updated from my Kindle.

I've followed all of the steps but no matter how often I "Fetch annotations" on books I'm either reading, or have completely read, on my Kindle, I never see any data appended to the Comments field for the book in Calibre, and thus Read status never changes from "Not Read".

I'm running Calibre 3.5 (64-bit) on Windows 10 and have a Kindle Voyage running firmware 5.8.9.2

Is there a more current/reliable way of achieving this outcome?
If not, any suggestions on where I could start looking for why this doesn't seem to be working?
AnthonyBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe the directions no longer work. That post you linked is from 2011 and maybe Amazon changed things in some newer firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My guess is this is related to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289101.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
markhunter
markhunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Any luck with this?

I have a Kindle 3 (keyboard) and the instructions in pchrist7's post here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=137) used to work perfectly.

However, of late, all I get in my custom column is 'Not Read'. Are there any other solutions or a workaround to restore this feature?

A cheeky thought: Perhaps the dev might consider hard-coding it into a future release of Calibre
markhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunter View Post
I have a Kindle 3 (keyboard) and the instructions in pchrist7's post here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=137) used to work perfectly.

However, of late, all I get in my custom column is 'Not Read'. Are there any other solutions or a workaround to restore this feature?

A cheeky thought: Perhaps the dev might consider hard-coding it into a future release of Calibre
Gee! I think Kindles are on their 8th or 9th generation (and they change their code every generation) and you want KINDLE read status hardcoded.
What about the 1000 other makes and models that also use unique 'status' methods??

What I do, is walk over to my PC and set the Read Date ( or use Calibre companion on my Tablet).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle voyage, read status