Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
ukmaster
ukmaster began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
Centralizing text on the page in Abby Finereader

Hello. Hoping someone can help me with a little problem.

I have had some books scanned, converted to pdf and which I am now looking at in Abbyy Finereader. The quality is fine, but there's one snag - because the original books had the spines cut off, every original left-hand page has text appearing too far to the right on the page; every original right-hand page has text too far to the left.

So I need a function which allows me to centre the text on each page. I cannot work out how to do this on finereader, nor can I find any information about it on the internet. But I have seen professional scans done from (uncut) books which have text beautifully centered, and I can't imagine they're using more advanced software for this than finereader - any and all thoughts gratefully received!
ukmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Take a look at Scan Tailor. This wonderful program will take your scans, split them if you scanned them two up, straighten them and then select the content and create a set of uniform pages. The usual output is single bit tiff files but there is an option for colour or grey scale output. You can then create the pdf directly from the images.

I usually use Scan Tailor to massage the scans before I run them through Finereader for OCR. It always works well for me.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
centering text, finereader, pdf, scanning