Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
whishlist: button/command edit in Sigil

Hi,

I continue to be impressed with calibre. I think Sigil integration would make calibre a truly killer app. What I'd like to be able to do is, within calibre, select edit epub (in the same way as one selects edit metadata).

How awesome would that be?
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Maybe you can just have Calibre not use the internal viewer for ePubs, associate ePubs with Sigli, and then when you tr to view an ePub it should open with Sigli...

I think that should work anyhow
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Maybe you can just have Calibre not use the internal viewer for ePubs, associate ePubs with Sigli, and then when you tr to view an ePub it should open with Sigli...

I think that should work anyhow

I was waiting to see if Sigl 2.x was more mature before making the request.
I also would like an "Edit with" function and leave Viewing, as the default option.
rcuadro: Think of it as how "Windows and Fax viewer" works. No accidental changes. You must click the Edit button inside the viewer.

Lots safer to use the least damaging tool when touching files. Linux always worked that way (SU), it took Windows till Vista (UAC) to get that level of secureness.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #4
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
yep, nthing the above ^^ as you rightly say, view is not edit.
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote