Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Kids, stop replying to this thread! I should be working today!

p.s. OMG I did it myself
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #17
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Hmmm...after all this waiting I would expect tons of photos, videos and stories. Strange. Any NDA in the box?
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #18
ali
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
Hmmm...after all this waiting I would expect tons of photos, videos and stories. Strange. ;-)
Yes, but everyone just wants to try his device once before writing reports. Unfortunately, "trying" means "read a book". I heard rumors that CommanderROR's test book is War and Peace.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
I heard rumors that CommanderROR's test book is War and Peace.
Thanks, I needed a laugh.
(my cube neighbors are wondering about me right now)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #20
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
hehe...it's not War and Peace...that's waht I read on the forums...

i've still not managed to make my Riverworld into a suitable PDF...It's all A4...but I got the right program now...so maybe i'll be able to actually READ something soon.

I've had lots of little things to do today that kept me away from the Iliad.

I also have some news...
I had some trouble with the notes ability (I told you about it) adn wrote to iRex. They sent me the files after a short time and I could use the function (until I ran out of time).
I also had a problem with IDS. Email support told me to call the german support office (they actually have one now it seems).
The bad nes is, that the lady there doesn't speak german. The good new is, she's nice, she took me through all the steps, and as it still didn't work then (because I did everything correctly before..hehe...) she gave me a support ticket for further contact with the actual Software guys.
So the support is actually quite good now as far as I can tell. The real problem (something the lady could not know) was a setting in my router software that didnt allow any more IP's to be supplied by the DHCP...stupid mistake a setting I made ages ago and forgot about...^^
Now the error is resolved, but I get another one...don't know what that is, but at least I get past the first barrier. i'll do more testing later.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #21
ali
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
Email support told me to call the german support office (...). The bad nes is, that the lady there doesn't speak german.
Ah yes, sounds perfectly like irex.
scnr
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #22
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Yeah, thats really funny I think iRex is a very humorous company.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:50 AM   #23
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
got my iliad too and made some photos of the unpacking which i hope to upload this afternoon. display looks great although i haven't been able to read anything as my pdf ebooks are all in a somewhat bigger size which isn't really readable (although the resolution of the would allow this using a magnifying glass). I had severe Problems to use the on-screen keyboard, several numbers and chars simply wouldn't work. A normal wacom digitizer stylus "works" too, as far as this can be considered working in my case. I have to try this again without loading tha batteries simultaneously, hope it's a software bug.
Unfortunately i'll not be home for the next few days so this will have to wait :-(
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #24
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@ThinkNeXT

My keyboard seems to work perfectly...but I haven't tried all the keys yet...I'll try to do so soon, but I'll have b busy weekend..

Oh yeah...Congrats...lokks like you're number 2...^^
Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 AM   #25
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
It has arrived ... just 1 bitter pill i could cry about it was 1 day late ... but its still nice

And they really left out my company name. It was a wonder that i met the UPS driver at the door (ok it was not that much of a wonder sitting around the door waiting for him *g*)

And it wasn't packed very save *shiver* ....
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:21 AM   #26
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa
And they really left out my company name.
Our hearts bleed for you.
No company name, indeed!!
Personally, I would have let them take it back.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #27
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

High 5...you are the living proof that there is humour int the netherlands...:-)

Congrats Sisha...!!!

since i'll be away most of the weekend you can take over the question-answering...^^
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #28
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by High 5
Our hearts bleed for you.
No company name, indeed!!
Personally, I would have let them take it back.
Err? Sorry but if you work in a bigger company it could really be a big problem when they send it to your companys adress just with your name on it.

And cause there were more people with that same problem i just want to warn them by it to keep an eye on the UPS driver today.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:48 AM   #29
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
High 5...you are the living proof that there is humour int the netherlands...:-)
Now you are beeing unfair, CommanderROR. Just think about the latest example. German supportnumber with no german speaking supporters I think iRex is proof of homorous people in the netherlands. You should give them some credit here.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 AM   #30
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa
Err? Sorry but if you work in a bigger company it could really be a big problem when they send it to your companys adress just with your name on it.

And cause there were more people with that same problem i just want to warn them by it to keep an eye on the UPS driver today.
It shouldn't be.

They have the address, and if you are a larger company one would presume you have a reception desk.

They go to reception, and ask for "Name" and reception looks you up.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-14-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote