Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #1
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
New Floating Kindle Case from M-Edge

http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-guardian.psp

Quote:
Allows for full functionality of Kindle's navigation buttons and keyboard through flexible sealed button cutouts. Users can even read hands-free in the water, because the Guardian floats upright

A secure, watertight seal around Kindle by utilizing a dual-hinge, integrated gasket and four-latch closure system
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Too Cool! or is it, to cool off?
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
It is only good up to 1 meter deep. So divers can't use it (well not in deep water).

They say it is being unveiled at CES.
Quote:
The Guardian allows Kindle owners to read where they love to read; on vacation, at the pool, in the jacuzzi, in the tub. Our customers have been searching for a way to bring eReading to the places they wouldn't think twice about bringing a book.
So it might be great in the jacuzzi; if it doesn't fog up from the steam?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I use my M-edge leisure case for reading my Sony 505 in the bath, but if they made this for the Sony, I'd certainly buy it!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
It is only good up to 1 meter deep. So divers can't use it (well not in deep water).
I wonder how deep it can go inside a Dry Pack? I recall some divers trying with the K1 but I don't remember the results.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Who cares if it can only go 1 meter? I can't imagine wanting to read underwater. When I'm underwater, believe me, I'm doing something else.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Who cares if it can only go 1 meter? I can't imagine wanting to read underwater. When I'm underwater, believe me, I'm doing something else.
It would come in handy for divers during decompression stops on the way back up to the surface and could hold things like decompression and dive tables.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
looks good but not really my type. would love to try it though.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Looks more reliable than a ziploc bag!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It would come in handy for divers during decompression stops on the way back up to the surface and could hold things like decompression and dive tables.
no backlight silly!! The diver would need their own head lamp or one of those fish with the built-in head light with the fiber optic light on the end of the cable...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
no backlight silly!! The diver would need their own head lamp or one of those fish with the built-in head light with the fiber optic light on the end of the cable...
One should probably have a light if they are diving deep enough to need a decompression stop. And those Angler Fish (I think that's what they're called) are a dime a dozen in the briney deep.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
One should probably have a light if they are diving deep enough to need a decompression stop. And those Angler Fish (I think that's what they're called) are a dime a dozen in the briney deep.
Fine...so they are prepared...bunch a lousy boy scouts....grumblegrrrrrgrumbleruinaperfectlygoodjo kegrumblemumble.... A good reader needs a backlight, or din't ya know that part?

Angler fish, thanks!!! I completely blanked on their name...I wonder of CostCo sells them by the case in the sporting goods section? Right next to the diving bells and giant squid traps?

brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I wonder of CostCo sells them by the case in the sporting goods section? Right next to the diving bells and giant squid traps?

Acually, I think I saw some over by the trampolines.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #14
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
One should probably have a light if they are diving deep enough to need a decompression stop.
Not really -- you do a 100 ft dive for just a short time, and you should do a safety stop, even if it's not strictly necessary by the tables. The way light diffuses underwater it needs to be pretty dark for a light to be useful, which it probably wouldn't be at a 30 ft. stop.

I can't see ever wanting to dive with a Kindle. Even on a safety stop, I want to stay aware of my surroundings and my time, not get distracted by a book. And if all I need is a dive table, it's far easier just to carry a plastic table!

That said, I will totally buy one of these cases to use at the beach, pool, on boats and in the bath
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
gatorfan
gatorfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Jetbook
OK so I am acsending from a 100' dive, hanging out at my safety stop, will will I be able to get a good Whispernet signal?

Just wondering...
gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote