Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nokia 770 forum?

I realize the Nokia 770 isn't in many people's hands, but it's an incredible reading device.

I suggest you add it as a device in your Mobile Gadgets group. There will obviously be some issues that are more device-oriented than software/reader-oriented.

My opinion on this is in a post at Teleread called A New e-book reading device.

Roger Sperberg
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Roger, I appreciate your valuable input. It would take five seconds to add a N770 category - question is, how long would it take to populate it? I know you guys (Reggie & Co) run a wonderful site that is almost entirely dedicated to the Nokia. Most people would probably find all needed information there and hence hesitate to post here. What do you think?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Tough call -- I guess I was just thinking if you're someone who's come here to deal with e-book issues, you may have some problems that are more device-oriented. But the same applies in the other direction with a device-oriented site like Internet Tablet Talk -- we will have an ongoing e-book discussion there, but it will miss the overall mobile reading this site has.

Actually, I've never been in the gadget forums here. If they're the type that covers what we cover at itT, then you're right. If they keep crossing the line into the e-book aspect of the hardware, I'd say add one anyway. Right now Nokia 770 is just getting launched. People will be buying for every other reason than as an e-book reading device.

But just as it's more suited for viewing web pages, it's more suited for reading than any other general-purpose machine, so it'll get there.
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote