Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Rick Osborne
Author, Web Geek
Rick Osborne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Osborne, Rick: Trust Network. v1. 22 Mar 2009

This is a book that I'm currently working on selling, but have decided to liberate until I get a contract that makes me take it down. I wrote it, and thus own the copyright. I grant you the right to read and enjoy, but not to change nor any other unspecified rights.

Based on a short description of the book on Slashdot, erayd asked me to post this here, so here I am. If I've managed to screw it up, please let me know.

Synopsis:
Xochitl Green is a contemporary web programmer. She's faced with the issues of any techno-savvy person today, primary among them being the ethical implications of the arms race between content producing industries trying to protect their producers' rights and consumers who just want to get at that content and not be hassled with copy protection and other invasive technologies. Her friend Brian has an idea: take all of the online social interaction that we are building and turn it into a model of trust for our computers. Instead of thinking about firewalls and Internet privacy and protection at a software level, think of it at a social level. Xochitl takes the idea and writes the program, calling it "Alfred". Alfred turns out to be quite popular, and attracts both good and bad attention.
In addition to this MOBI format you can also download the free PDF from Lulu or read it for free online at Scribd.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Trust Network - Osborne, Rick_1.mobi (1.28 MB, 948 views)

Last edited by Rick Osborne; 03-22-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Rick Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, social networking, technology, thriller