Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
anmanwar@aol.com
anmanwar@aol.com began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Why I am avoiding the nook GlowLight [2013 nook GlowLight]

Um note...don't drop stuff on your ereader! This device is very rugged! I had my old one for year and 1/2. In my purse often. Nothing...no dings, scratches etc. new Glowlight feels even more rugged! Just don't leave it on the floor or somewhere where things can fall on it! Come on, it's an electronic! You wouldn't put your cell phone on the floor and then be all surprised if it cracked when you dropped something on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
So I need a new e-reader. GF daughter got my old one. Girl loves to read. So I am thinking the new nook with glow light looks like a winner. Been doing the research over the last few days just to make sure, and I was heading up to town to buy it today.

Then I saw this article. With this information. ABORT!!! Just gonna buy the Simple touch. Why B&N did not test how fragile this thing was gonna be is beyond me. While there is no screen damage, and you won't notice it in daylight, When you turn on the glow light itself, U can see the damage. Just a warning.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...e-new-nooklit/

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-08-2013 at 01:00 PM.
anmanwar@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Never mind!

Last edited by booklover6; 11-08-2013 at 01:48 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please note:

This is a new thread (with the two posts above removed from the older thread, which was about the older Nook Glo, and now incorporated into this new thread).

The other, older, thread on the older reader has been closed.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
I started with a Simple Touch Glow; it lasted about three weeks before the screen cracked.
No particular event caused it, just pulled it out of the pocket it was stored in and found half the screen gone and the rest unusable. Rather pathetic.
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
I started with a Simple Touch Glow; it lasted about three weeks before the screen cracked.
No particular event caused it, just pulled it out of the pocket it was stored in and found half the screen gone and the rest unusable. Rather pathetic.
Did you have the reader in a sleev/case or any other protection? I wouldn't recommend storing any e-reader in your pocket. My Simple Touch with Glowlight is still going strong nearly six years later.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Did you have the reader in a sleev/case or any other protection? I wouldn't recommend storing any e-reader in your pocket. My Simple Touch with Glowlight is still going strong nearly six years later.
Dropping them you have a fighting chance. But they aren't flexible!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I would say that's the exception, not the rule. Where you able to return it to your local B&N for an exchange?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yep. I bought my Nook Simple Touch (non-glow) in 2011. Still works fine – even though (before I got a case) I dropped it while putting it up on the fireplace mantel (about six feet to a brick fireplace and then a bounce to the tile floor). It has a nick on the side of the case from that fall, but the screen is still pristine. It was at that point that I decided a case might be a good idea.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
> able to return it to your local B&N for an exchange?

Ha. HAha. aHAhaAHhahahaha.

Nope. BN (El Cerrito, CA) looked at and said sorry that happened, too bad, have you seen our new models?
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
> able to return it to your local B&N for an exchange?

Ha. HAha. aHAhaAHhahahaha.

Nope. BN (El Cerrito, CA) looked at and said sorry that happened, too bad, have you seen our new models?
So three weeks after you bought your Nook they had new models out? Something about your story doesn't add up
Old 04-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #11
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am lost. Why are we starting a new thread on a Nook that is now obsolete lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am lost. Why are we starting a new thread on a Nook that is now obsolete lol
Because thread necromancy is so much fun?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread_Necromancy.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	163590  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #13
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Just got two old glowlights on ebay cheap. Nice.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Just got two old glowlights on ebay cheap. Nice.
What made you choose the Glowlight over the Glowlight Plus? Was it much cheaper? Have they ever adjusted the sideloading limit?
Old 04-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #15
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Because thread necromancy is so much fun?

LOL

I like my Glowlight 3 ( new model) much better than the paperwhite. I still use my kindle Oasis the most
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote