Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Screen Protector that keeps Clarity?

Is it possible to put a clear screen protector on without losing clarity? I've only used anti-glare protectors before. I am so sick of finger prints! I'm having to clean my KF nightly now.

If so what brand. Preferably non liquid because I've had bad experience with them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Glare shield and cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Is it possible to put a clear screen protector on without losing clarity? I've only used anti-glare protectors before. I am so sick of finger prints! I'm having to clean my KF nightly now.

If so what brand. Preferably non liquid because I've had bad experience with them.
Here is what I use:

for cleaning the screen:

http://www.amazon.com/PixelClean-Wet...=IE5J3AN7J4KP3

for anti-glare:

http://www.amazon.com/GreatShield-An...I1TQD91JZ8KHU1

I use the pixel cleaner wipes for LCD TV's and all electronic devices like the Kindles, cell phones, etc.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks but I don't want Anti-glare I want clear that doesn't loose the clarity of the text. I've grown use to having sharp crisp text that I can no longer stand using Mantano because of how it renders fonts.

I use a microfiber cloth to clean mine. If it's real dirty a little dab of water on the cloth. It clean right up but my hands seem to be oil pits. *sigh*
Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Yes!! Steinheil Ultra Crystal, bar none. A bit more pricey but worth every penny and they do not need replacing. I've tried them all over the years and this one is of the highest quality, foolproof installation and clarity. I have the Steinheil on all phones, two tablets and a PMP. Google SGP Steinheil for Fire for various sources -- be sure it is the "Ultra Crystal" type and NOT the "Ultra Fine" (which is the anti-glare version).

Last edited by Skydog; 09-05-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Yes!! Steinheil Ultra Crystal, bar none. A bit more pricey but worth every penny and they do not need replacing. I've tried them all over the years and this one is of the highest quality, foolproof installation and clarity. I have the Steinheil on all phones, two tablets and a PMP. Google SGP Steinheil for Fire for various sources -- be sure it is the "Ultra Crystal" type and NOT the "Ultra Fine" (which is the anti-glare version).
Not seeing one for sale for the Kindle fire at Amazon but I'll keep an eye out.
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Not seeing one for sale for the Kindle fire at Amazon but I'll keep an eye out.
Really? That's odd. I'll have to look further...

I wonder if they are not being manufactured now due to the imminent arrival of the new Kindles (?)

Here are some options:

Direct from SGP's ebay store (they are located in Los Angeles, have a physical location and I've talked to them and also purchased directly):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SGP-Amazon-K...-/270866063306

Or:

http://store.androidcommunity.com/sg...5A43A10752.htm

Last edited by Skydog; 09-05-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote