Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It might be worth trying a different card, Geoff.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, I just copy them directly to the SD card via the drive which mounts on Windows Explorer.
Well , I now give in trying to understand the inconsistencies of the bookmarks - they were there yesterday and , without connecting my Cybook to my PC , they are gone today .
And I can't remember the last time the " last " page read worked ..........
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I really would suggest that you try using a different card, Geoff. I have zero problems with mine - either bookmarks or remembering the current location in a book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #64
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Or try to read the book from the internal memory and see if that works.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #65
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Well , I now give in trying to understand the inconsistencies of the bookmarks - they were there yesterday and , without connecting my Cybook to my PC , they are gone today .
And I can't remember the last time the " last " page read worked ..........
Have you been setting the bookmark just before powering off the Cybook?

When I was having bookmark problems I was manually setting a bookmark, waiting for the bookmark to appear on the screen and then powering off. My theory is that although the bookmark appeared on the screen the system was still writing to the ".MBP" file and this process was interrupted by the power down process which kicks off another bookmark write to the same file and sometime corrupts it.

I stopped manually setting the bookmark and just trusted the auto bookmark and haven't had a problem in the last 3 months. I do still manually set bookmarks but not just before power off.

You can just delete the ".MBP" file and it will recreate it but you've lost any bookmarks. My experience is that once the ".MBP" file is corrupt you get bizarre things happening. Fonts changed, justification changed and bookmarks showed up and disappeared depending on where you were in the book.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #66
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
My problems with bookmarking not working, not remembering the last page, and dictionary lookup hanging the Cybook all disappear when I switched over from a 2 gig SD (the original 2 gig SD from Bookeen was DOA) to a 256 mb SD card that I had from my old digital camera. I also always (i.e. most of the time) manually set the bookmark and return to library before I turn off my Cybook. I just drag and drop, and delete the ebook files via the USB cable using Windows. I hate to remove the SD card from the slot, not wanting to wear and tear the SD slot. In conclusion, I found changing over to a SD card that Cybook works well with solved all those problems I was having. This works well for me so far (keeping my fingers crossed).
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #67
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thanks for all the suggestions -
I'll finish my present book and then change the 2Gb card - which is the one that Bookeen included in the package .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote