Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Exclamation Hanlin Forum layout

Is it possible to for the moderator/admins to give the Hanlin forum the same layout with the subforums as the Sony and Cybook one?
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
We would like to if there is sufficient demand. Looks like we don't have so many HanLin owners around here yet.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hmm, that's too bad.. count me in as an owner.
I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the speed of development on firmwares by Hanlin. The fact that there is an SDK available should appeal a lot of users I would think.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
jeczmien
Enthusiast
jeczmien began at the beginning.

Device: none/Hanlin V3/Nokia E50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We would like to if there is sufficient demand. Looks like we don't have so many HanLin owners around here yet.
Count me too
jeczmien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #5
MarZau_au
MarZau_au began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke Hanlin V3
I own a hanlin V3 happy with it, although I would like to purchase more books to read with it.
MarZau_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarZau_au View Post
I own a hanlin V3 happy with it, although I would like to purchase more books to read with it.
When you do purchase books what format do you purchase them in? If Wolf where do you find them?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #7
MarZau_au
MarZau_au began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke Hanlin V3
Formats

Hi,

Currently the Wolf format seems to be only on chinese sites, but
I have been pressing the Hanlin Developers for info on DRM support
in the official Developers forum

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/d...l_id=5&t_id=69

good news is MobiPocket support may be soon, how it will be implemented is beyond me, but the Hanlin V3 does have a sim slot, as all DRM seems to rely on identification of a device to work.

As for purchasing, many books can be "converted" after purchasing. I myself see nothing wrong with stripping the DRM off a book you legally paid for, as long as you don't share it and the author gets paid.

Its a bit like Wal Mart now selling DRM free EMI and Universal music, at least some of the music industry is coming to their senses that consumers are willing to pay for content, but don't want to be restricted to how they use it.

The same thing is bound to happen with books, right now publishers are trying to hold their profit margin and doing the stupid DRM thing, its just going to frustrate people, especially with the likes of Amazon introducing yet more DRM, which isn't going to help, I am one consumer who doesn't by monopolized products simply on principal.
MarZau_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #8
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarZau_au View Post
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/d...l_id=5&t_id=69

good news is MobiPocket support may be soon, how it will be implemented is beyond me, but the Hanlin V3 does have a sim slot, as all DRM seems to rely on identification of a device to work.
They have a strange understanding of word "soon", so I wouldn't expect it in a half a year in your place
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote