Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
HeavyTZM
HeavyTZM began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer
Help Please - user defined USB problem

Hello, I'm new to this forum although I have been using Calibre for about a month. It worked great connecting to my ITunes, but now I have an Asus Transformer. First of all I can't figure out how to install the drivers from the Asus site, but that's another story. Therefore, Calibre will not recognize my Transformer as a mass storage device. So I decided to try to transfer my books to a microSD card and then to my Transformer. I customized the plug-in to send only Epub to the "user defined USB device." Most of my books were originally PDF which I converted to Epub through Calibre. It sent all these files fine when I did it with Itunes. But now when I send them to my microsd it sends the books as PDFs with two more document type things for the meta data and driver info. If the book was originally a Epub, I have no problem. Why won't it send the books to my microsd as Epub?? Thanks!

PS. I accidentally posted this thread in the wrong forum the first time. Sorry!
HeavyTZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It sounds as if you have probably customised the wrong plugin? I would have thought you you should be customising the folder device plugin?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
HeavyTZM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
It sounds as if you have probably customised the wrong plugin? I would have thought you you should be customising the folder device plugin?
Whats the difference between that option and the user defined USB? I was under the impression that a microSD could essentially act the same as a USB? Or is the "user defined USB" plug-in only for tablets and readers which do not have a specific plug-in yet? Anyways I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
HeavyTZM

It worked great for the first book I tried, hopefully it will work for the rest of my library. It is kind of a pain having to put it on a microSD then copy it to my transformer. Asus could have really made the pc-tablet syncing more user friendly. Nonetheless, you have cured a grave headache for me. Thanks itimpi!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyTZM View Post
Whats the difference between that option and the user defined USB? I was under the impression that a microSD could essentially act the same as a USB? Or is the "user defined USB" plug-in only for tablets and readers which do not have a specific plug-in yet? Anyways I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks!
If you can see your Device (sd card) as a disk, use connect as folder.

some devices do not have a unique or proper USB ID to allow a (normal Calibre), reliable connect as USB.
A micro SD is a DISK (storage)
USB is a connection.
USB may be used to access some storage devices.

I have USB scanners, Printers, Modems: No way is Calibre able to store books on those USB devices
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert