Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Battery replacement?

I checked on the kobo website and can't find the info.
Does anyone know how to replace the battery and what it costs?
It would suck to have to send it in & get a re-furbished unit back like apple does with the ipads.....

BTW, how is the battery life on your vox?
Are you getting a good 7 hours between charges? (with wi-fi off)
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I'm easily getting 7hrs+ with the wifi on. Playing with it on and off, total battery usage was just over 10 hrs with 20% left prior to me deciding to charge it again. I had mainly used it to play angry birds, try playing fruit ninja (swiping is frustrating), and downloading apps and trying different aspects of the tablet.

There is no battery replacement as it is now, but I don't know if the service guarantees that kobo offers includes battery replacement as I haven't looked at it that closely yet.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Wow 10 hours with wi-fi is great.
Thanks for the info.
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Wow 10 hours with wi-fi is great.
Thanks for the info.
What it really comes down to is what you're doing with it and how you manage the device..if you're just playing angry birds or reading a book, the brightness is all the way down, and that's it, you should very good life, and more than likely better than advertised life. If you turn the brightness all the way up, are using the wifi to download a bunch of apps while watching movies, you'll probably get 4-5 hrs if that..

so the best advice, use the built in stats to find out where your battery is being used, and if you don't need what's sucking up the juice, turn it off
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Seems to me only a small percentage of tablets have replaceable batteries. Making them replaceable probably would either thicken the unit by 25-40% or cause the battery to have a lower capacity (you have to add 1-2mm surrounding walls in a battery bay, and 2-3 mm hard plastic casing walls on the battery, after all). As for battery failure, good companies use the latest high quality lithium batteries that maintain 80%+ capacity for 4-5 years.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert