Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
franken_stein
franken_stein began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Wrong cover showing up randomly - please help!

Can anybody help me out with this really weird issue? I wonder if it's just me, because I tried Googling all sorts of phrases and couldn't find anybody else having this same problem!

The Barnes & Noble Quick Guide cover. It keeps showing up randomly and replacing other covers in my library, and usually the first one on the row. I really like this sorting method, where it shows all books by the same author in one row. Unfortunately, this is my favorite view of the library, and the only view in which this problem seems to occur.

I have the NC rooted using manual nooter, which may have caused this, but I'm not sure. This wrong cover problem keeps happening every single time I open the library, and not always with the same books - sometimes they show the right cover, and sometimes they show this Quick Guide cover. And SEVERAL of the books do it at a time. And it's sideloaded books, purchased books, AND the sample books that originally came preloaded on the NC! Please help! This is driving me nuts.

Here's what it looks like - not exclusive to these but happening with almost all the authors in my library!

Thank you so, so much. I really appreciate any help or insight you guys might have!

EDIT: My apologies - I forgot to add the Color prefix to this tag, and am not sure if it's possible to edit that in? I don't see it as an option on the editing page. If a mod could fix it please I'd appreciate it! I'll try to remember for next time

Last edited by franken_stein; 08-21-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Thread prefix
franken_stein is offline   Reply With Quote