Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
splitpersonality
splitpersonality began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Updating to Android 2.2

I know this has been covered before, but since the information is kind of spread out through a bunch of forum posts I tried to pull it together in one place.

Also added a few notes about getting apps just to help out first time Pocket Edge owners.
splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
That's a nifty looking blog, split!

I didn't read it all, but it is a very nice idea. Thank you!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
That's nicely done! I'm adding it to the tweaks thread.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Heh! Could you add the link to the Ermine update torrent to your directions?

http://www.rehorst.com/mrehorst/Pock...es.zip.torrent
Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
splitpersonality
splitpersonality began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Thanks - I added a link to the torrent ...
splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Yellowman1
Yellowman1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hi there, thanks for the info on updating the PE to Android 2.2. I have the original eDGe & I'll love to update to 2.2, will these instructions work for the eDGe too? If not, can you point me to the right direction to get that info (I'm new to this site). Thank you.
Yellowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Franky
Nameless Being

Great blog, but I think there are still a lot of people with a big eDGe. This blog is specific for the pocket version. Maybe a blog or a page for the big eDGe would be great to.

uhm, like Yellowman1 also writes. Hmm, didn't see that comment in time.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
kennyminot
Groupie

They should be the same. The only difference is that you need to download the update file for the big eDGe. You can do that from the torrent, but I can't seem to find the link from the entourage servers. Does anybody have the link to the big eDGe file?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #9
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
They should be the same. The only difference is that you need to download the update file for the big eDGe. You can do that from the torrent, but I can't seem to find the link from the entourage servers. Does anybody have the link to the big eDGe file?
Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlehead View Post
Well I tried them after posting and it appears the links are not any good anymore. That is where I got my update and it went as it should after I adjusted for the zip,zip problem. My PE runs great. I do have the files from there for both but I'm sure others do too.
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks to me like these links still work, no??

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265
Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #12
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast
Vit-orekhov began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hi, everyone!
Recently I've bought my Entourage Pocket EDGE and updated it to Android 2.2. I really like hoe it works, but there are one tiny problem. I don't know, how to change font on the reader side.
The thing is. There are 3 alternatives. I don't know the original names, but in my device it looks like "reader font", "droid font", "reserve droid font".
How can I set these "droid font" or "reserve droid font"? Please, help me, I really want to read with my favorite OldStandart.ttf...
And, if you know, how...
Daoe anybody succede in trying to read books with both sides? I mean, the left one - is the first page, the right one - is the second, etc...? I think, it could be great
And the last question
Has anyone working skype on their devices? I downloaded it from here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=192087 and I can't connect...
So, thank you very much, my friends, Hopefully, somebody will help me
Vit-orekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #13
Filark

Welcome to MobileRead, Vit-orekhov!

I tried to answer your questions in a separate version of this post. If you still have questions, maybe respond there if you would?

Thanks! Enjoy your Pocket eDGe!

Tags
android, edge, entourage