Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Sand_Borot
Sand_Borot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Pocketbook 903 hung

Hello everybody,

I have been browsing this forum quite often sin I ordered my pocketbook 903 and sadly enough my first thread is to report a problem.

My pocketbook is hung and I can neither reset or switch it off (and I swear that I've pressed the buttons several times).

Today, my pocketbook 903 arrived. I have been trying the different device features. I haven't upgraded the firmware since I haven't got a micro-SD card.

When I tried the web-browser, automatically the device started searching the wifi networks. When the ebook found my network, the keyword was required, I gave it, then a message "opening conection..." (traslated from Spanish) pop up and the keyword was required again, give it again and so on... as it didn't work, I assumed that I did something wrong, and I went to the user manual (very poor by the way) and suddenly the "opening conection..." turned up again and the pocketbook 903 hung.

I've tried to reset, I've tried to switch it off and nothing worked...

What's wrong?

How can I restore the device?

Any help is more than welcome...

Thank you

Sand Borot
Sand_Borot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Sad to hear but maybe typical for the new PB devices.

Until never had a problem turning of 903 by pressing the power off button. For wifi it always takes some time before it recognizes wrong password or other problem preventing for getting connected.

As a last resort you can try to remove the battery. Remove back and use the shipped screwdriver to remove the battery. This should power off the device.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Sand_Borot
Sand_Borot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post

As a last resort you can try to remove the battery. Remove back and use the shipped screwdriver to remove the battery. This should power off the device.
Thank you for the piece of advice...

Finally, I removed the battery... I was expecting the screen going blank when I took out the battery... then I remeber that it is electronic ink-... It worked... Nevertheless, I'll keep the screwdriver close...

By the way, do you know where can I find a decent PB903 manual in English?

Thanks again
Sand_Borot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand_Borot View Post
there is a manual (though it is for the 603) in English in message #35 in this thread in the German forum - I wished pocketbook guys did come here to help us out a tad more often...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand_Borot View Post
the english manual should be on the device itself. Haven't found it online.
Well, "decent" that's another issue.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert