Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Uploading Photos to Nook Color

I have a NC w/CM7 (32GB card) and recently bought the Fishbowl app (on the NC side) to store photos. I tried to connect my NC to my computer and get the pictures that way, but I never could see my card. So, I got my reader and stuck my card in and the computer only shows 118MB
I vaguely remembered having to partition the card when I first got the CM7 and finally found the program to look at it (MiniTool Partition Wizard). It shows 4 partitions on the card--the active one is 118MB (FAT32), there are 2 smaller ones that are Ext4 and then one large one that is labeled CM7 CARD--it has 28GB capacity (FAT32).
I'm thinking the last one is where my pictures need to be, but I can't seem to find it by looking at the card. It is not labeled active--does it need to be? Or do I need to change the size of the partitions? I probably know just enough to really mess this up! Thanks for any suggestions!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
The Android operating system doesn't use the same file system as Windows. So, putting it in a card reader as you found out, won't work.

You should be able to "see" your card when you plug the cable into your computer, but you need to enable SD storage. I don't remember the exact wording, but when you plug the cable into your Nook, your computer should make the little ding sound and show it's attached.

If you look at your Nook at the bottom, there should be a new icon. If you swipe up, you should see the notice to enable storage (or whatever it says). Your screen should turn black and have the Android robot and an enable button. When you press the button, your computer should recognize the SD card and pop up the box asking what you want to do.

I wish I could tell you exactly what it says, but I put my Nook back to stock last night and haven't made a CM7 boot card for it yet.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alright, I just made a CM7 SD card. With the card in, I booted into the stock B&N operating system, then plugged the cable in. My computer recognized the Nook and the SD card, popping up windows asking what to do with each.

When I boot into CM7, you have to go through the steps I described above. The message at the bottom says "USB connected" and when you touch it, it goes to the black screen and the button reads "Turn on USB storage".

I'm not sure why you "never could see your card". You didn't say what type of computer you have. If you have a Mac, you're on your own.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks for your help! I was trying to look at the drives under "my computer"--while I could see the Nook and the card, the card would only show 118mb (when it should have been showing at least 28gb). And the options that would pop up on autoplay would only import photos from my Nook to my computer.
I was able to do move some photos over with your instructions about working on the CM7 side. I am still learning about Android (this has been my first introduction to Android), so I had no idea about this until you said this. Thanks again!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
kevinp
Fanatic

Your welcome. I was just hoping not to confuse you.
Advert