Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
TheBlackTiger
TheBlackTiger began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Axim x51v, Palm TX, Blackberry Curve 8330
HELP!!!!!!! Needing PRS-505 Repair

Ok, here's my problem and it is foolish but does ANYONE do repairs on these things like pdasmart.com does for pda's and phones and psp's?? I need to get a repair on a prs-505 that my wife accidentally dropped in the washing machine with a load of clothes? We pulled it out before the cycle really got going but it was flooded. I stuck it in rice right away and waited a few days before I tried to charge or turn it on. Now, it takes charge and battery says it's onj but I can't get a reboot so that we can read the screen or reset the system. I've done both a hard and soft reset with no luck. Just horizontal stripes in the screen that I can't clear. Can anyone help me repair this thing? It's a bit expensive to just write off if there's another option. Warranty doesn't cover this and we didn't get the SquareTrade warranty in time. Sony will just make me buy the new 600 which is the same as the 505 with a touch screen addition.
TheBlackTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Please refer to this thread which is similar https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64308

Hope you get it sorted
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
TheBlackTiger
TheBlackTiger began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Axim x51v, Palm TX, Blackberry Curve 8330
Yep, I did all of that. Still can't get screen to clear from all the lovely horizontal lines. Anyone know of someone who does repairs?
TheBlackTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please post a photo fo the screen with the stripes. It's possible they could be due to a broken screen. Sony will fix your 505. But I have no idea the cost. Best call them and ask after posting a photo here so we can tell if it's a broken screen or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damaged screen, e-ink, prs repair, water damage