Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
eBook driver not connected

I have a very good advise from you guys but before to do anything I have a problem I can't solve.
My driver shows me not connected, I reinstalled it and, nothing.
I used advise from Nick Control Panel-System-devise manager, Device manager
comes absolutely empty,so to do any other steps for converting to imp and installing other devises for transfering to my ebw1500 I have to have draiver to be connected pls.help
thnks
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Don't forget to turn ON the device after connecting the usb cable. It won't show up in the Device Manager if the ebook reader is turned off.

Please confirm how you re-installed the ebw1150 usb driver v3.00 from eBooktechnologies.com, step by step. Maybe there is something being done wrong.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
turtle
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Don't forget to turn ON the device after connecting the usb cable. It won't show up in the Device Manager if the ebook reader is turned off.

Please confirm how you re-installed the ebw1150 usb driver v3.00 from eBooktechnologies.com, step by step. Maybe there is something being done wrong.
Thanks, something wrong with my comp. I reinstalled Win_eBookUSB_Installer_4.0.exe, 4 times and did all step-by-step and restarted and had eBook not connected but suddenly I have Automatic Installation pops up as 1st time a month ago when I got this reader and i installed it and i got it up and running,
So my next step to read how to convert rtf. Russian font to imp. and how to download it to my reader without card reader
Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

downloading problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Thanks, something wrong with my comp. I reinstalled Win_eBookUSB_Installer_4.0.exe, 4 times and did all step-by-step and restarted and had eBook not connected but suddenly I have Automatic Installation pops up as 1st time a month ago when I got this reader and i installed it and i got it up and running,
So my next step to read how to convert rtf. Russian font to imp. and how to download it to my reader without card reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle
Hi, still have problem to convert Russian font saved as rtf to imp using Reb Librarian or eBook Publisher.

and can't download any English books using the ETI Personal Content Server,
I can see what I transfer from my comp. to myeBookwise- Content Summary but when I turn on my book reader go to online bookshelf pop up comes like "No books were found on your online bookshelf ", pressing the upper left ikon om my bookreader and pressing bookstore -"There was no reaponse from the server;trying the operation again may help", I tried many times and got the same.

But I downloaded some books before using this method with no problems
How to download existent books in imp format from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=153

If there any Russian readers??
Thank you guys for any help
So now the ETI usb driver connects properly, right?

Check if your EBW1150 unit is registered. Tap the Bookshelf icon at the bottom right (outside the LCD screen) and then tap the ebook menu at the top left (again, outside the LCD screen) and tap the info icon. Does it show your Name, Phone and User ID? or do you see "Not Yet Registered" or something similar.

If you are registered then tapping the Online Bookshelf should connect the EBW1150 to the ETI servers. If you don't get connected, make sure the ETI usb driver icon is "activated" in the system tray. If so, then ensure your ebook reader's settings (ebook menu, tap settings, tap a. Phone Connection) show this:
Code:
1. deselect Use custom ISP
2. For current location, deselect None (home)
3. deselect Use HTTP proxy 
4. deselect Use proxy for USB
With that done, now when you tap Online Bookshelf, it should connect and show you the contents of your www.ebookwise.com Bookshelf.

You can use a demo (free 7 day trial) copy of the eBook Librarian here to transfer .imp ebooks to the EBW1150. Just make sure that for steps 3. and 4. above you select Use HTTP proxy and Use proxy for USB and place 127.0.0.1 and 9090 into the HTTP proxy address and HTTP proxy port boxes, respectively.

If you have any questions, see this help area.

Again, tell us how far you can get with the above.

Last edited by nrapallo; 12-30-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
turtle
Enthusiast

eBook driver not connected Reply to Thread

Quote:
So now the ETI usb driver connects properly, right?

Check if your EBW1150 unit is registered. Tap the Bookshelf icon at the bottom right (outside the LCD screen) and then tap the ebook menu at the top left (again, outside the LCD screen) and tap the info icon. Does it show your Name, Phone and User ID? or do you see "Not Yet Registered" or something similar.

If you are registered then tapping the Online Bookshelf should connect the EBW1150 to the ETI servers. If you don't get connected, make sure the ETI usb driver icon is "activated" in the system tray. If so, then ensure your ebook reader's settings (ebook menu, tap settings, tap a. Phone Connection) show this:
Code:
1. deselect Use custom ISP
2. For current location, deselect None (home)
3. deselect Use HTTP proxy 
4. deselect Use proxy for USB
With that done, now when you tap Online Bookshelf, it should connect and show you the contents of your www.ebookwise.com Bookshelf.

You can use a demo (free 7 day trial) copy of the eBook Librarian here to transfer .imp ebooks to the EBE1150. Just make sure that for steps 3. and 4. above you select Use HTTP proxy and Use proxy for USB and place 127.0.0.1 and 9090 into the HTTP proxy address and HTTP proxy port boxes, respectively.

If you have any questions, see this help area.

Again, tell us how far you can get with the above.
Hi, Nick and thank you very much. now it works very good.
When I deselected all at phone connection as you told me to do I CAN download books
as you know I'm new here and all stuff too complicated for me, and probably somebody created a program like Librarian totally free (not 7 days),
and thank's for info. about Russian forum.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Hi, Nick and thank you very much. now it works very good.
When I deselected all at phone connection as you told me to do I CAN download books
as you know I'm new here and all stuff too complicated for me, and probably somebody created a program like Librarian totally free (not 7 days),
and thank's for info. about Russian forum.
You're welcome! Sometimes it is very hard just to get started, but hopefully you will now start to enjoy your ebook reader!

There is no direct support for Russian fonts on the EBW1150. There is a program (written by vvv, a Russian and member here) that can make a Book Image of Russian text and display that on the EBW1150. Each page of this ebook is an image/picture and cannot be searched or highlighted like text ebooks, but at least it can display Russian text if you need that. There are even discussions on The-Ebook.org about "Russianifying" the REB 1200 firmware to include Russian character support. Look for posts by "Goldy" regarding this possibility; he is the expert on this topic!

Did you get Impserve to work? install all the plugins properly for .lit conversion using lit2sb, .prc conversion using Mobi2IMP and .pdf conversion using PDFRead? If so, consider posting that information to The-Ebook.org as I don't recall seeing anything about this great program there.

If not, ask for help here where you get stuck!

Last edited by nrapallo; 12-27-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-30-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
turtle
Enthusiast

Quote:
You're welcome! Sometimes it is very hard just to get started, but hopefully you will now start to enjoy your ebook reader!

There is no direct support for Russian fonts on the EBW1150. There is a program (written by vvv, a Russian and member here) that can make a Book Image of Russian text and display that on the EBW1150. Each page of this ebook is an image/picture and cannot be searched or highlighted like text ebooks, but at least it can display Russian text if you need that. There are even discussions on The-Ebook.org about "Russianifying" the REB 1200 firmware to include Russian character support. Look for posts by "Goldy" regarding this possibility; he is the expert on this topic!

Did you get Impserve to work? install all the plugins properly for .lit conversion using lit2sb, .prc conversion using Mobi2IMP and .pdf conversion using PDFRead? If so, consider posting that information to The-Ebook.org as I don't recall seeing anything about this great program there.

If not, ask for help here where you get stuck!
thank God! and Nick. Spent 3 days and finally using Book Designer converted rtf to imp and using Reb Librarian dragged my book to my ebw1500 and now I can read Russian books.
But I still have a question if I can download files more than 2 Meg. using Reb and how to download e-books from this site, for example 1st book A Highland Seer I clicked on Attached Files and when it downloaded I got a book coming on my screen and I can read it from comp. ??but how to download it to my ebw1500
Old 12-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
turtle
Enthusiast

Quote:
thank God! and Nick. Spent 3 days and finally using Book Designer converted rtf to imp and using Reb Librarian dragged my book to my ebw1500 and now I can read Russian books.
But I still have a question if I can download files more than 2 Meg. using Reb and how to download e-books from this site, for example 1st book A Highland Seer I clicked on Attached Files and when it downloaded I got a book coming on my screen and I can read it from comp. ??but how to download it to my ebw1500
Hi, Never mind I converted and trasfered book with size of 4,5 meg, so now I'm working on problem how to transfer imp books from this site
Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
nrapallo

Quote:
Hi, Never mind I converted and trasfered book with size of 4,5 meg, so now I'm working on problem how to transfer imp books from this site
Good to see you are getting somewhere now.

To use the .imp ebooks from this site, just download them to your favorite download directory and from within the REB Librarian under the BookList menu, select the Move book from... and "Open" the .imp in your favorite download directory by clicking Open. Then "Browse" to your Local Bookshelf used for the REB Librarian (I use C:\Program Files\REBTools\RebLibrarian\bookshelf) and click OK.

You may have to Refresh or restart the program to be able to see that .imp in your Local Bookshelf (I had to).

As this is a lot of work, for .imp files from here just make your favorite download directory above be C:\Program Files\REBTools\RebLibrarian\bookshelf to begin with. Instant Local Bookshelf addition!

Enjoy!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:03 AM   #10
turtle
Enthusiast

eBook driver not connected Reply to Thread

Quote:
Good to see you are getting somewhere now.

To use the .imp ebooks from this site, just download them to your favorite download directory and from within the REB Librarian under the BookList menu, select the Move book from... and "Open" the .imp in your favorite download directory by clicking Open. Then "Browse" to your Local Bookshelf used for the REB Librarian (I use C:\Program Files\REBTools\RebLibrarian\bookshelf) and click OK.

You may have to Refresh or restart the program to be able to see that .imp in your Local Bookshelf (I had to).

As this is a lot of work, for .imp files from here just make your favorite download directory above be C:\Program Files\REBTools\RebLibrarian\bookshelf to begin with. Instant Local Bookshelf addition!

Enjoy!
Thanks a lot I did it everything looks fine
Happy New Year and all the best