Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 02:12 AM   #151
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kindle e-Ink readers are currently on sale at Best Buy. $50 for the Basic and $100 for the Paperwhite.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-08-2014 at 02:14 AM.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #152
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I think i remember some interest in these

$29.99 @ Amazon.com

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, Red With Full-Color Display, MicroSDHC Card Slot and Stopwatch- SDMX22-004G-A57R

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FVNGRI/
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #153
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Amazon's got tablet and ereader specials running all day today, for those interested. Good price on the 2012 fire HD 8.9" - $139.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #154
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Amazon's got tablet and ereader specials running all day today, for those interested. Good price on the 2012 fire HD 8.9" - $139.
I've seen these sales talked about before but, unless there is a link, I've never been able to find them.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #155
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I've seen these sales talked about before but, unless there is a link, I've never been able to find them.
Today's Deals
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #156
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Just go to Amazon and click on Today's Deals at the top of any page. The 8.9 will be front and center and the Lightning Deals that run throughout the day are off to the right of the main deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #157
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Okay. I was looking for something called "Lightning Deals." I see I can sign up for "Today's Deals" notifications, but I'm not sure my email box can take any more Amazon emails per day. It's probably time to go in and an opt out of some the lists they've put me on. (I had to do that once before when it got a little crazy.)
Old 06-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #158
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just go to Amazon and click on Today's Deals at the top of any page. The 8.9 will be front and center and the Lightning Deals that run throughout the day are off to the right of the main deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/
I see. And under "Missed Deals" I see the recertified Kindle Basic at $45 (not that I'm in the market for one). Thanks.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #159
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Okay. I was looking for something called "Lightning Deals." I see I can sign up for "Today's Deals" notifications, but I'm not sure my email box can take any more Amazon emails per day. It's probably time to go in and an opt out of some the lists they've put me on. (I had to do that once before when it got a little crazy.)
When I turn my computer on for the day, the first thing I do is get the free app from Amazon and then scan the daily deals at Amazon, Best Buy, Cheapskate (CNET), and Staples. It only takes a few minutes and is time well spent.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #160
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I think i remember some interest in these

$29.99 @ Amazon.com

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player, Red With Full-Color Display, MicroSDHC Card Slot and Stopwatch- SDMX22-004G-A57R

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FVNGRI/
Thank you for this. After much debate, and trying to tell myself I didn't need another MP3 player after my iTouch died, I finally gave in and bought this My audiobooks were piling up and my work day is too quiet without having music in my ears.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #161
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
Thank you for this. After much debate, and trying to tell myself I didn't need another MP3 player after my iTouch died, I finally gave in and bought this My audiobooks were piling up and my work day is too quiet without having music in my ears.
Glad I happened upon it then. I totally get needing some background music to get through to work
Old 06-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #162
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
One nice thing about the Clip Zip is that it accepts 64GB mSD cards. If the player dies, your music doesn't.

Other benefits:

The clip and form factor are good for workouts.

Installing Rockbox firmware makes tinkering more fun, adds sound options like EQ, compression and pitch correction, and allows greater file compatibility.

The only downside if you're a former Apple user: No ALAC. If you have numerous ALAC files, you'll have to convert them to FLAC.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-27-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #163
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The clip and form factor are good for workouts.
That's one of the other upsides for me. I can take my running podcasts with me on actual runs, rather than be tied to indoor-only exercise while running them off my Kindle Fire It worked for the short-term, in the winter, but now it's time to get outside.

Quote:
The only downside if you're a former Apple user: No ALAC. If you have numerous ALAC files, you'll have to convert them to FLAC.
Thankfully, I ran MP3s on my iTouch for most of my music and audiobook files (barring the "get this album free" promotions iTunes sometimes had). When I got my Fire, I singled out the ones that weren't compatible, so my library should be good to go now. The player should arrive today, so I'm looking forward to some after-work load-up of songs and books and podcasts!
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #164
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
BTW, if it is like the Fuze, if you have a CD you can rip it into a file and it will play it, full quality. It just takes up a lot more room. That is 80 CDs worth on one 64GB card.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #165
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
One nice thing about the Clip Zip is that it accepts 64GB mSD cards. If the player dies, your music doesn't.....
That is actually something I hadn't known/thought about...been looking for something with a large memory capacity that I wasn't super worried about to leave in the car. That way I could load a ton of my music, my daughters and stuff my niece and nephews like so we don't always have to listen to only what's on the radio or our phones. Will have to consider this the next time it comes up

ETA: Oh, I see it's still the same price. Now to decide if I really need to spend the $$$ lol