Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Navigating the E-Books Collection

Any tips? I'm about to turn my back on commercial e-books, and start sampling all that's available here. I see GENRE tags; can I search by Genre?

Ideally I want an advanced search, where I can choose Format, Genre, Author, etc. If that's already available, I apologize. I'll investigate the Search features some more.

Doing an Advanced Search in the BBeB/LRF section of E-Book Uploads for posts tagged "science fiction" only brings up a single entry. What am I doing wrong?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Genre and tags are new features, so they might not be implemented on all books yet. i recommend you start by browsing randomly, like by date or alphabetically by author... don't miss the e-books index, it will help you find things as well, and you can sort by column headings.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Any other suggestions?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hum... don't start with preconceptions about what you're looking for, just see what you find.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

ZP, I love poking around in the dark, truly I do. Some delightful things can happen. But sometimes I'm in the mood for something in particular, you know?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

heh... well in that case, index, column sorting and search feature are your friends.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

I'm taking ALL of your advice, have made about 10 downloads, and so should be set for awhile. I'm in for some barsoomy, anarchistic, haiku fun.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

wow, only 10 ? i'm impressed by your self-restraint. (and it sounds like we'll be having similar fun in the next few days)
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Doing an Advanced Search in the BBeB/LRF section of E-Book Uploads for posts tagged "science fiction" only brings up a single entry. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Taylor!

Unfortunately we began only recently tagging uploaded e-books with genres. Most older e-book uploads don't have a genre tag yet. We hope we'll catch up with this soon.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote