Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
GFMCo
GFMCo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
way out of my depth with fonts

Hi there -- "long time listener, first-time caller."

I've been working on an epub file in Sigil, imported from InD CS4, and somewhat successfully have been able to do chapter breaks etc. But fonts are confounding me completely.

The heading font translated perfectly into Sigil, and the body copy translated somewhat well (seemed to change from Fairfield Light to some generic sans-serif face but all the words were there). The bullet points, though, turned into some weird Wingding typeface. The only way to get rid of it was to get rid of all formatting and then add bullets back in with Sigil's tools.

What this created, however, was copy in the bulleted sections which was larger and subtly different than the body copy. I would like it to be all the same, and Fairfield would be great. How do I do that?

I can attach file(s) to the next post if you tell me which one(s) you'd need to see to help. I am thinking you need the CSS file plus a sample chapter with bullets? Please keep in mind that I am a total newbie when it comes to CSS, so speak slowly and in one-syllable words, please!

thank you!
keke
GFMCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFMCo View Post
The heading font translated perfectly into Sigil, and the body copy translated somewhat well (seemed to change from Fairfield Light to some generic sans-serif face but all the words were there). The bullet points, though, turned into some weird Wingding typeface. The only way to get rid of it was to get rid of all formatting and then add bullets back in with Sigil's tools.
Take a look at the epub in something like ADE. If the fonts look correctly there but look messed up in Sigil, then it's QtWebkit wonkiness so don't worry about it. If they're messed up there too, then it's InDesign wonkiness and you need to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFMCo View Post
What this created, however, was copy in the bulleted sections which was larger and subtly different than the body copy. I would like it to be all the same, and Fairfield would be great. How do I do that?
We would have to see your code.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
bullet, cs4, font