Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
The 'true' GPS is a real plus for me. That fake GPS just don't cut it in my books.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
The second article in this series is out:
http://www.slashgear.com/notion-ink-...-more-1297402/

It looks like they are aiming for a November-January release all given the time FCC will take to approve the device.

If we're looking at a January release I will be really frustrated and probably seek out alternative products.
That is a bit more promising. Too bad they'll miss the Christmas season though, unless they accept pre-orders.

I like the pricing too - we'll just have to see how they compare to all the other tablets that are going to get released in the next 3 or 4 months.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I like the idea of the Adam, but it concerns me that they can produce "up to 100,000 a month" - even if they sell their full capacity, this is nowhere near an ipad competitor (who are selling 10x that)
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #19
RoboRay
Zealot
RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor (CM7); OLPC XO (Ubuntu 8.10); HTC Thunderbolt (CM7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The folks at the Boston Computer Museum may want to talk to you; they're trying to find the one launch ADAM that didn't break.
They seem to have shut down and contributed their items to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA which does list an Adam in their collection, but does not specify if it's working. I'll check mine out again and, if it's still operational, see if they want it.
RoboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #20
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I like the idea of the Adam, but it concerns me that they can produce "up to 100,000 a month" - even if they sell their full capacity, this is nowhere near an ipad competitor (who are selling 10x that)
Over a million units a year in their first year? That would be a huge win for a small startup...I doubt even Amazon sold that many Kindles their first year.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
They could have the perfect device, 100 times more capable and 1/3rd the price of the iPad. What would it matter against Apple's marketing powers?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote