Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Question

Do I understand that with the new Oasis one can chose the font size and boldness on the front list of books? And if so, does anyone know if this option will be part of the update for other Kindles? I have a Voyage. TIA
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Do I understand that with the new Oasis one can chose the font size and boldness on the front list of books? And if so, does anyone know if this option will be part of the update for other Kindles? I have a Voyage. TIA

I don't know what you mean by "front list of books."

But I can tell you this: I have a Voyage and I can change the boldness on my fonts WITHOUT ANY JAILBREAKING.

It's absolutely wonderful.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You have the option of using a "normal" or "large" font size for the library screen, if that's what you're asking?

Changing the size to "Large" reduces the number of books you see on a page in list view from 8 to 6.

Within a book, you can now select five different levels of "boldness" for the font, but only for KF8 and KFX books, not for "old" Mobi7 format.

Hope that helps!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Dr. Drib. Yes, I can change the font and boldness while in a book; what I meant was - I don't have the thumbnails activated on the home page, I have the books listed. With the new Oasis I thought a few people said the titles on the home page could also be bolded and the font increased. Maybe I'm mistaken; but my question was, if this is so does anyone know if the updates coming will include that possibility for the other Kindles, like the Voyage?
Old 11-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Dr. Drib. Yes, I can change the font and boldness while in a book; what I meant was - I don't have the thumbnails activated on the home page, I have the books listed. With the new Oasis I thought a few people said the titles on the home page could also be bolded and the font increased. Maybe I'm mistaken; but my question was, if this is so does anyone know if the updates coming will include that possibility for the other Kindles, like the Voyage?

If you mean "List View," then I don't use that view at all. However, I just now changed it to see if anything looked different. It appears to be a normal font listing of the titles, rather than a listing that is boldfaced.

I'm looking forward to see what other members say about this aspect.

-- Thanks.

--------------I just realized you said 'thumbnails,' and for some reason I focused on 'List View.' I have my normal thumbnails on the 'Home Page', but I see no controls to change anything.
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm looking forward to see what other members say about this aspect.

-- Thanks.
See my post #3 above . There's a new option in "Settings" to use a large font on the UI.

From the library page:

Menu / Settings / Device Options / Display Size

Last edited by HarryT; 11-13-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
See my post #3 above . There's a new option in "Settings" to use a large font on the UI.

I wasn't aware of that, although it looks like (as the poster mentioned), it may not yet be available for the Voyage.

I'm on firmware v. 5.8.11
Old 11-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I wasn't aware of that, although it looks like (as the poster mentioned), it may not yet be available for the Voyage.

I'm on firmware v. 5.8.11
No, it's new on firmware 5.9.2, which is currently only available for the KO2 and, I think, one of the PW models (PW3? I'm sure someone will confirm!). I'm sure it'll be rolled out to the other PW models, the Voyage, and the 1st-gen Oasis soon.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-13-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #9
pendragginp
Guru

Thanks to both of you! I hope you're right, Harry, that it will be rolled out to the Voyage.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! I hope you're right, Harry, that it will be rolled out to the Voyage.
ISTR someone posting something from Amazon saying that it would be, but of course only Amazon know for sure .
Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Thank you!

And also Harry.

I look forward to checking it out when/if it becomes available for my Voyage.