Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #781
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Won't (legally) be on archive.org, because that follows US copyright law, and the book is still protected by copyright in the US.
Does this imply that if a book appears on archive.org it is likely fair game to produce an ebook version of it?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #782
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Does this imply that if a book appears on archive.org it is likely fair game to produce an ebook version of it?
To repeat what I've said many times, always carefully check the legality of content on archive.org before downloading. It's a site with much useful content, but it's also a site with a huge amount of content which infringes copyright.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:06 PM   #783
sunburst
sunburst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais9000 View Post
http://www.babblebooks.com/freebies/..._in_a_Boat.lrf

First in what I hope will be a long series of free ebooks.

More suggestions welcome...
Do you have another address for this site as the link does not seem to work for me.
sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:06 AM   #784
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
Do you have another address for this site as the link does not seem to work for me.
It isn't that surprising if a ten-and-a-half-year-old link doesn't work, is it. But you're in luck: The user uploaded the same book to the Patricia Clark Memorial Library at the time:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10663

Our library is well worth checking out, btw. There are indices, a search function and a full list of the books.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #785
sunburst
sunburst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It isn't that surprising if a ten-and-a-half-year-old link doesn't work, is it. But you're in luck: The user uploaded the same book to the Patricia Clark Memorial Library at the time:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10663

Our library is well worth checking out, btw. There are indices, a search function and a full list of the books.
Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.
sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #786
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Is The Passionate Witch by Thorne Smith, finished posthumously by Norman H Matson, in the UK public domain? I'm not sure who the copyright belongs to: Smith, or Matson. If it is PD is anyone interested in putting it in the library please?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:57 AM   #787
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Is The Passionate Witch by Thorne Smith, finished posthumously by Norman H Matson, in the UK public domain? I'm not sure who the copyright belongs to: Smith, or Matson. If it is PD is anyone interested in putting it in the library please?
No, plainly not, given that Matson died in 1965.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #788
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
However, it is available to borrow at the free OpenLibrary.org.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #789
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks GG!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #790
BookCat
C L J

There's an enormous compendium of Anna Katharine Green's novels on Amazon. It's cheap but so huge that I'm sure it would slow down the device. On the Look Inside feature I began reading a story called Miss Butterworth's Window which I'd love to continue reading on my kindle.

I've checked, but it's not in the memorial library. Her works are out of copyright. Please could some nice person upload a copy of it which is kindle friendly? Thanks lots.

Please ignore this request; I found that the book is really called That Affair Next Door and is in the library. Looks an interesting curtain twitcher!

Last edited by BookCat; 02-22-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #791
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
There's an enormous compendium of Anna Katharine Green's novels on Amazon. It's cheap but so huge that I'm sure it would slow down the device. On the Look Inside feature I began reading a story called Miss Butterworth's Window which I'd love to continue reading on my kindle.

I've checked, but it's not in the memorial library. Her works are out of copyright. Please could some nice person upload a copy of it which is kindle friendly? Thanks lots.

Please ignore this request; I found that the book is really called That Affair Next Door and is in the library. Looks an interesting curtain twitcher!
Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=13123927

Here is a list of what we have.

Last edited by DaleDe; 02-23-2018 at 12:37 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #792
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=13123927

Here is a list of what we have.
WOW! I would have thought a green name would know that a search results link expires.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #793
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
WOW! I would have thought a green name would know that a search results link expires.
sorry, I usually work in the wiki. I used an advanced search for "Green, Anna" in titles only to produce over 200 entries.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 02-24-2018 at 12:13 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #794
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
The list view of the library is great for such purposes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/eb...&ltr=G&page=33
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #795
BookCat
C L J

Thanks. The problem arose when I confused the name of the first "Book" section with the title of the novel. I checked, and discovered the actual name of the novel: That Affair Next Door. It's a pre-Christie detective novel featuring a nosey female detective. Lacks period detail, but so far it's an interesting plot. I did find it in the library.