Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
aydio
aydio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Interested in buying an Onyx Boox Max but unsure about the software

My premier choice would've been the Sony DPT-S1 but as you all may already know, it's discontinued + sold out everywhere.

I'm looking towards the Onyx Boox Max for a while now and the only thing that's really bugging me is the software: it's running Android. Contrary to the excitement of others that you can use all Android apps, I'm concerned about the usability of those apps. If the stock reader + notetaker are just Android apps, I'm worried that the general experience is not optimized towards eInk displays.

Did anyone of you have the chance to directly test those two devices? My primary use would be reading mathematical textbooks on one tab and taking notes on a lined paper on the other tab. Maybe scribbling a thing or two within the textbook. Displaying the book on one half and taking notes on the other half would be neat, too.

Looking forward to your experience with either of those devices
aydio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,
Onyx has made NeoReader2, there own reader. You could view this video from a vendor : http://ereader-store.de/en/75-onyx-boox-max.html. But the owners of this device could give you their opinions.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert