Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Help, deleted file accidentally

I have deleted a folder called (I think) .kobo and now my Glo says "error loading reader! Sorry we couldnt find a reader for this type of content" when I try ti open the book I was reading. Is my Glo now toast?
Thanks
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I would try doing a factory reset. This method should work since you can't turn the reader on to get the factory reset option in settings:

1. Hold the power button ON for 15-20 seconds to make sure it is off. All lights at the top should be off.
2. Press and HOLD the light button while turning on the Glo. That should put you into a factory reset if that will solve the problem.

This will delete everything from your reader, so make sure you have any books stored on it backed up elsewhere to transfer back to the reader again afterwards.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Phew! That has worked, many thanks.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote