Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Problem with calibre 3.12.0

I just recently downloaded calibre 3.12.0 and now the calibre screens are too big for my computer screen and I can click on the choices at bottom...such as the ok etc. This happens when I try to convert books or add metadata, etc. What can I do?? This problem makes calibre useless because I can not do anything with it.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can resize any screens you need to. Or you can turn off high DPI scaling in preferences->look & feel->Adjust for high resolution screens
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I open the edit metadata screen, for example, the screen that pops open is way too large...covers up totally the screen that I need to check the ok box.
Same thing happens when I click convert books, etc. How can I get those screens and the icons that also pop up to be smaller, like they use to be on previous versions of calibre. Do I have to revert to a previous version? I have kindle oasis 2, in case that matter for the calibre version.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried changing the High DPI scaling setting Kovid mentioned to see if that resolves the issue?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
Kaysclie
Addict

Thank you both for your very helpful and quick responses. I thought that I had turned off the HPI scaling but when I check I found I had not actually clicked on the turn off setting.
Being in panic mode always causes mistakes on my part.
Now calibre is working as wonderfully as it always did. I can get back to downloading more fine reading to my kindle !! Thanks much again.
Advert