Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Whaddya like to drink : Pepsi or Coca-cola?
Pepsi 14 31.11%
Coca-cola 31 68.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You forgot the Dr Pepper drinkers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You forgot the Dr Pepper drinkers.
Oh life lesson: Don't ever offer to pay your brother in Dr Peppers to help you do something. Cash would have been cheaper.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #18
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Back when I didn't care about calories, regular Coke.

Nowadays, I really prefer Coke Zero. If that's not an option any "diet" version of Coke or Pepsi is fine.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Root beer
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:08 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Root beer
What brand? I love A&W over crushed ice.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 12:10 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
RC Its also a cola drink... So Why did you leave it off the poll???? DUH
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:12 AM   #22
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Root beer
I loved A&W as a child and there was one named Dr. Migillicutty that was good. I don't know if they make it anymore or not. The foam would stick around just like the old A&W root beer. Not all root beers are equal. Some are just root beer flavored cola's I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 AM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
+1

Personally, I much prefer coffee, but if I'm tied down and forced to drink a soda then I'll choose Dr Pepper if it is available.
Dr Pepper is my fall back soda but it goes flat super fast.

It's
Coke
Dr Pepper
Sprite
A&W Root Beer

On very rare occasion like Taco Bell I'll get a Mountain Dew but it's so hard on the kidneys it's very rare I'll drink it.

There is always a liter bottle of Coca-Cola in the fridge if not then someone better go get some. The withdrawals are not pretty.

I love tea but neither one of us like Coffee.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 08-16-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #24
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Royal Crown? I remember the episode of All in the Family where Mike did a taste test. I can't recall what the other cola's were though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What brand? I love A&W over crushed ice.

Sent from my XT1528
  1. Kroger
  2. Barq's
  3. A&W

My preference is the cheap Kroger store brand I get at Fred Meyer -- $2.00 to $2.50 a 12 pack.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:32 AM   #26
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Probably because Pepsi and Coke are the biggies. The only choices in most restaurants. They usually have a contract with either coke or Pepsi. It is rare you will see both offered as a fountain drink.

Funny thing is Dr Pepper is distributed by both.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I loved A&W as a child and there was one named Dr. Migillicutty that was good. I don't know if they make it anymore or not. The foam would stick around just like the old A&W root beer. Not all root beers are equal. Some are just root beer flavored cola's I think.
I remember going to A&W drive-ins as a kid and getting root beer in a small glass mug
Old 08-16-2017, 12:36 AM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
  1. Kroger
  2. Barq's
  3. A&W

My preference is the cheap Kroger store brand I get at Fred Meyer -- $2.00 to $2.50 a 12 pack.
My sister's is Barq's. No Kroger here I've never tried it so can't say if I like it. I like the vanilla in the A&W and I grew up going to A&W's for a root beer float on the weekends. They were set up like Sonic.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My sister's is Barq's. No Kroger here I've never tried it so can't say if I like it. I like the vanilla in the A&W and I grew up going to A&W's for a root beer float on the weekends. They were set up like Sonic.

Sent from my XT1528
I generally avoid caffeinated beverages, so I don't drink Barq's all that often because of its caffeine content. The diet version is caffeine-free but has that horrid diet taste.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

In case anyone's interested in caffeine content:

Caffeine Content Of Popular Drinks