Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #1411
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
Question

Still absolutely loving the plugin. Slowly starting to learn how to customize. I have a question about the include_subject_tags tag. If you don't have that what is the default behavior? Is it strictly to limit what comes back to just what you want, or do you perhaps need to have it to add a field that doesn't automatically come back for the site?

Also I created a custom column for warnings but I don't see that as an option to map in FFDL options. Am I missing something?

[edit: nevermind about the warnings custom column, I see it now, all set]

Last edited by jessifanfic; 05-18-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: update
Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #1412
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessifanfic View Post
I have a question about the include_subject_tags tag. If you don't have that what is the default behavior? Is it strictly to limit what comes back to just what you want, or do you perhaps need to have it to add a field that doesn't automatically come back for the site?
Glad you like it.

Calibre tags will only include the metadata entries in the include_subject_tags list. The default list is:

include_subject_tags: extratags, genre, category, characters, ships, status

I'm not sure what you're asking asking otherwise.
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1413
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You can't see that without an account. I tried to register for an account, but haven't heard anything back and now it says 'Username or password incorrect' instead of 'you don't have permission'. So I think my req was denied.

Even then, that looks like a forum rather than a dedicated fiction site.

So, odds are against it getting supported.
Yes, it is forum based with an area for Works in Progress and Completed. If it makes any difference though, story threads are the story only. There is a separate section for comments on each story.

If you want to at least take a look, PM me and I'll share my username/password.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #1414
lyssette
lyssette began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
I hate to bother again. This should have been added in my earlier reply, but would it be possible to also have the "keep_style_attr:true" for AO3 as well? I'm finding out stories mirrored on AO3 have more metadata (e.g. series) filled out than FFnet, and it seems like it would be a useful option in case more unique formatting come up.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #1415
jessifanfic

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask this question but I am getting no response on the Generate Cover forum and I know there are some power users on here. And as this happens when I run FFDL I thought it kind of related! ;-)

I have a question that has been bugging me for a long time. When I use Generate Cover (or FFDL with Update Cover checked) on a fic with comments (summary) I wind up with a cover showing the HTML tags. I try to edit the comments to remove the HTML but Calibre seems to always add it back in.

Such as below:

<div><p>Merlin Emrys is 26 years old. He's not expecting to be diagnosed with cancer and told he's just as likely to die as he is to live.</p></div>

My custom text field:
Tags: {tags}
Summary: {comments}

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting to strip HTML (or translate it)?
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #1416
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyssette View Post
I hate to bother again. This should have been added in my earlier reply, but would it be possible to also have the "keep_style_attr:true" for AO3 as well? I'm finding out stories mirrored on AO3 have more metadata (e.g. series) filled out than FFnet, and it seems like it would be a useful option in case more unique formatting come up.
If you put keep_style_attr:true under [defaults] it will also effect AO3. But it does only what it says--keep the style attribute on tags.

If the styling/formatting is being done by class/id attributes and stylesheets that won't be kept.

If you give me an example story URL I may be able to help you more.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #1417
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessifanfic View Post
My custom text field:
Tags: {tags}
Summary: {comments}

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting to strip HTML (or translate it)?
Not that I'm aware of. Best I can think of is to use the regex template function:

{comments:re(<[^>]+>, )}

That will replace all html tags with a space.

References:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1418
jessifanfic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Not that I'm aware of. Best I can think of is to use the regex template function:

{comments:re(<[^>]+>, )}

That will replace all html tags with a space.

References:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html
You are seriously my hero. This has been driving me nuts for MONTHS
Old 05-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #1419
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
I'm having a minor issue with one of the generate cover features and I haven't been able to figure out what it is or how to work around it because it functions beautifully otherwise.

I have the setting as such :
generate_cover_settings:
${category} => How To Train Your Dragon => HTTYD

and everything's matched up correctly, but when I download a story with that category no cover is generated. It works for all the others I have setup, but not this. The only thing I could think of that might be confusing it is that I have this:
${category} => Howl's Moving Castle => HMC
to generate a cover as well. Is the "How" possibly confusing something, or does it just not like the category?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #1420
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwe View Post
I have the setting as such :
generate_cover_settings:
${category} => How To Train Your Dragon => HTTYD

and everything's matched up correctly, but when I download a story with that category no cover is generated. It works for all the others I have setup, but not this. The only thing I could think of that might be confusing it is that I have this:
${category} => Howl's Moving Castle => HMC
to generate a cover as well. Is the "How" possibly confusing something, or does it just not like the category?
The only thing that comes to mind is typo--that either the category or the GC setting name doesn't match exactly. Maybe it's How to Train Your Dragon?

The 'How' at the beginning of both isn't going to make any difference.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #1421
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I really do love this plugin.

And I have a suggestion/question:
From time to time I go to AO3 and ff.net, sort my fav fandoms by date updates and copy all the links into Fanfictiondownloader.
Depending on which site I go first, sometimes I get a window saying that the story is already there, but under a different url.

Is there a way to send the url I say 'no' to, into the reject list, so the next time I try to add that url the program knows which url I want to keep?

If not, is it possible to make the calibre window flash (blink), whenever the window shows up?

Thank you so much for your work and attention.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #1422
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Is there a way to send the url I say 'no' to, into the reject list, so the next time I try to add that url the program knows which url I want to keep?

If not, is it possible to make the calibre window flash (blink), whenever the window shows up?
You can manually add URLs to the Reject List in the FFDL settings.

However, adding them to the Reject list doesn't necessarily help. You'd still get a pop up at the same time--it would just ask about Reject instead of changing URL.

I've looked at the differences between proceed_question and question_dialog in calibre to see if I could figure out why one flashes and the other doesn't, but I haven't had much luck.

The only difference I see is that question_dialog makes a new dialog each time and proceed_question reuses the same one. I can make the question_dialog flash by hide/showing it, but that puts it behind the modal progress dialog, unclickable.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #1423
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Slightly off topic, but this looks like a reasonable place to post this

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/amaz...ds-fan-fictio/
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #1424
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Calibre Crash when I try to update a book

Using Windows 7, newest FF dowloader as calibre plugin and latest calibre version: I try to update a book or add a new one, the FFD starts corrrectly then aks Me if I want to update/add the book. When I give the go ahaead to update the book Calibre starts with: "Update calibre for fanfictioon stories" Shows 0% und after some time calibre shows "no answer" and you have to crash calibre to use it again. Afterwards if you try to load the book again System says: No action reqired Book is current with Fan Fiction net even if its not. Also When I look o th eactuall data, It shows the bookfiles with todays date, but no update happend??

I tried different functions , different setting (Overwrite always, overwrite when newer, update always, Update only when newer and so on), No differenc!

Please help?

Thanks thoomas
Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1425
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@thomasmorus - I'm on the same setup and I'm not seeing any problems.

First, I'd try the usual windows solution--reboot and see if that helps.

If not, please post a story URL that's giving you this problem.

You can get more debug output by running calibre from command line/command prompt as 'calibre-debug -g'. If you can copy/paste that here (or PM me), that will also help.
Closed Thread